The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well with the success of ripping the XIII Moogle from 358/2 Days I have decided I would like to rip more from the game. Especially the worlds/rooms.

My Current List of Rip Targets:

Castle Oblvion (Both Rooms)
The Twilight Town Clock Tower
Namine's White Room from the Mansion
Twilight Town in general
The Town Center of Halloween Town

Xion
Ventus
Large Armor (Heartless)
Xion's Boss Forms (Mostly her final one)

Successful Rips So Far:

XIII Moogle

-----------------------------------------------------

My method of ripping at the moment:

I open the models with either Console Tool ( http://llref.emutalk.net/downloads/consoleTool_v02b.zip Update: A newer version of Console Tool is available: http://llref.emutalk.net/downloads/conso..._demo2.zip ) or NSBMD ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c3y3349wbgdtd2/NSBMD.zip ) and then I use 3DVia Print Screen ( http://www.3ds.com/fileadmin/3dxml/3DVIA...up_2.3.exe ) to capture the model and textures. I should note that it doesn't seem to keep transparency so you have to re-add the transparency manually. It captures a 3DXML file which contains the mesh and textures.

The only way I've found to convert it is to upload it to their website and download it as a DAE file here: http://www.3dvia.com/upload-basic

Then you can import it into a program that works with DAE files and work from there. I use Blender to import them and then I export them to .obj and work on them in Milkshape 3D. But other programs would work.

You can get the raw models here: http://www.propl.nl/random/KH3582_Models.zip

Note: I really recommend using Console Tool to rip from as it seems to display textures and models in general with more accuracy from the beginning. Many player models are almost natural in appearance compared to the yucky mess my Moogle was.

My Hopes:

To learn a way to rip while keeping UV's in tact. Preferably with some other method besides 3DVia and uploading.

Currently Working On:

Fixing the UV's and finding accurate textures for a room in Castle Oblivion.

-----

I'd love any help on this project anyone wants to offer.
Well it appears that the messed up UVmaps is a problem only with 3DVia Print Screen. So I'm in search of another openGL ripper that is simple and preserves such data. I'm hoping that with my translation of Game Assassin's help file I'll be able to use it to figure out how to rip OpenGL easily with proper UV data.
3D Via caused the inaccuracies? Figures. Well OGLE may be worth trying if Game Assassin doesn't work out. I'm not quite sure how well it works since 3D Via worked fine for most games I used it on, but its something to consider.
Well from all the research I did 3D Via Printscreen tends to mess up the UV maps on a lot of games but most commonly on DS games. For what reason I don't know. I've almost finished translating the help file for Game Assassin we'll see what it can do. I'm hoping it'll be my savior because OGLE just doesn't seem to work for anything I've tried it on. The most I ever got with OGLE was textures and even then I wasn't too certain in how it got them.
When I was first taught how to rip Xenosaga models, 3Dvidia Printscreen and Virtools was how I did it. It manages to keep a PS2 rip in tact (to a degree). What I mean is, the rip is still flat, but all the data is there. However, like Zerox mentioned, it also somehow destroys the UV maps. Virtools is a program you have to buy or find another means to obtain. But yea, I'm curious if GameAssassin will help do better.
Well just out of curiosity what did you use Virtools for in your process of ripping these? From my research I can see it's another product by 3DVia. But what value it has over something else would be good to know.

Also considering you experienced the same UV map issues did you find an easy way to correct them or was your venture not quite so fortunate?

Edit: Also an update on my progress. I have yet to been able to rip anything with 3D Via on the newest version of Console Tool. Has anyone else tried and experience the same problem?
If I remember correctly, Virtools helped somehow in keeping the data of the rip (it's still flat, but once expanded/scaled back to shape, it's all there). So far, there is no way to correct the UV map issues. They usually all have to be redone. This is why I'm told to go with my method of taking 2 rips for a missing Z axis, but I may go with a combination of the 2 since the one method messes up kos-mos' hair. However, it's been awhile since I've used 3dvia, does it rip textures of PS2 games inverting the RGB values? I know 3D Ripper does and it's a pain to have to restore each individual texture.
Ah well I won't worry about looking in to Virtools then. I've never ripped anything from a ps2 game with 3Dvia because I could use 3D Ripper X.

What game was it you were attempting to rip and had this problem with? Are you talking about things such as Final Fantasy X/X-2? It may just be game specifics and how the textures were done. Although it's entirely possible I am misunderstanding the problem there. Example images would be helpful for a more complete understanding.

And as far as your Kos-mos model goes I wish you the best of luck.
any luck ripping the area's from Days?
is the sky like a bubble texture surounding the city in Twilight Town? i've always wondered how they animated the clouds in that part of the game
Yes I believe it was. I've had partial success ripping them. They're just a whole lotta textures to reassign and having to fix their UV maps just makes it a disaster so I've moved on to something else for the time being.
just wondering is all. i tried to convert some models of sora and cloud, but the textures repeated themselves on the face a million times...so like sora had 900 tiney pictures of his face on his face. it was very creepy
Um what game was it you were trying to rip them from?
(09-21-2010, 01:11 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Um what game was it you were trying to rip them from?

Kingdom Hearts 1.
i had yuffie, colloseum cloud, sora, riku, young sora, yonge riku and a few others, but they all turned out like that...they also had DDS files instead of textures. once i found out they were working on the KH files in MMD i gave up on them...i think the models are still on my flash drive
DDS files are the textures. XD They're used in a great many games nowadays. It really depends how you were trying to rip them but I've never had an issue like that with KH1 models.
(09-21-2010, 11:03 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]DDS files are the textures. XD They're used in a great many games nowadays. It really depends how you were trying to rip them but I've never had an issue like that with KH1 models.

i did'nt rip them i found them on a website that is hard to find
converting them to MMD they turn creepy. I perfer PNG textures because you can edit the texture easliy like how I made my Demon Vantias models, which i'm about to make even more demonic by makeing a Glasgow Demon Vantias with lots of blood. someone wanted an evil evil model so that one sounds good