The VG Resource

Full Version: Vendetta, Charolette, and Buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i am going to learn to sprite and from what i can tell(correct me if i'm wrong) here is the place to start.
Here is the basic forms of the characters.
[Image: makingfrw.png]
Next i need to learn to shade but first i would like some criticism on them so i can fix them first.
what's with the color outside the lines?
Referring to the show
[Image: acharlotteandvendetta.jpg]
Well, the lines outside the outline would work best if they were in a dark background, here, you dont ahow that, and it looks bad
dont use the circle tool

and try adding some aa to the lines
Ok I added aa and darker backgorund
Uhm

I don't think you know what aa is because
I don't see any change
If you zoom in you can see he added AA -on the linework- with really low contrast

So um, Ploaj I'm pretty sure he meant smooth out the circles for heads because the circle tool is bad and then add AA to the inside. I think the spriting dictionary thread talks about this right? Go look at that.

edit: you're also using unnecessary colors, I think there's a barely different gray you're using on your lines that you can just take out, and you can take out the extra green color you just put in.

Oh I hope you know the eraser recolor thing...
Oh i thought it was making the lines appear smoother but i will look it up again
Are the colors original? Or did you used from something else? Cuz I think those are the colors of the image you just showed us.
the lines look really jagged. Try to make them more like they are actually together.
Oh I forgot to give it the palette I made
[Image: makingfrwx.png]
[Image: aate0.png]
that should give you a rought idea on how AA works.

although i'd rather warn you beforehand: there is little to no shading you can do on those characters, specially considering they are meant to be flat shapes.