The VG Resource

Full Version: Neslug sprite thread #73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First made this in February, gave some slight tweaks.

[Image: New_Map_Midbus_by_Neslug.gif]

Crits. To compare with the official sprites, go here. You'll notice they are much darker in colour, which fits better?
Looks very nice. If I were to be picky, I'd say the arm movement is a little bit as though he's dancing rather than walking, perhaps try making them swing forwards more, rather than just side to side?
I feel that something about the face would change as he walks. Those jowls are large and flabby. Even if they jiggled a single pixel up/down as part of the head movement, then it would give it much more life.
@ Hoeloe: That's actually one of the things I changed from the old version, or at least it was much worse. I'll try to work on that even though it's given me a lot of trouble.

@ GrooveMan: Will do. I also thought about making the nostrils enlarge and shrink.

EDIT: Here's an update.

[Image: mapmidbusnew.gif]

It's better, but is it good enough?
Yep, that's far far better. Good job.
neslug has yet to disapoint us.
[Image: blizzardmidbus.png]

Made his "alternate form", Blizzard Midbus for kicks. I won't go on to animating before I'm done with the regular Midbus' walk cycle.

I liked how the bracelets came out.

For comparison with the official sprite, here.
The hands are unreal.
The Original had normal hands didn't he?

EDIT: And his arms are just swaying left and right.
I don't like the anatomy of the official sprite that much (feet look glued on, etc) so this is essentially a redesign of the character. But I don't want it to look bad, so I'll see what I can do about the arms and hands. 3D-like movement towards the viewer has always been a weak point of mine and that's why I often do these.

Continuing this tomorrow when I'm less tired.

EDIT: [Image: mapmidbusnew.gif]

Is now much better yes?
Seems better, and i dont see a lot of shading under the neck or nose or whatever it is.
There is some shading under the snout, should it be darker then?

[Image: newgoombaanim.gif]

Thread now Neslug general. Something that is not a Mario character next.
good goomba, i'd see some mouth movement though.
Mouth opening enough for movement?
(08-28-2010, 04:40 PM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]There is some shading under the snout, should it be darker then?

I would say yes, because it liikes like there isnt a neck there to me.
Edit: The goomba kicks ass
Pages: 1 2