The VG Resource

Full Version: KOS-MOS Model (and possibly other Xenosaga models)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off, I want to apologize if this in the wrong thread. I have and do know a way of ripping models from Xenosaga Ep. III. However, alot of work is still needed to repair/fix the model. Due to my busy schedule, I have not been able to fully fix the KOS-MOS model. If anyone here is willing to do so, please give me a private message or post below with your email so that I can send the file. Lastly, the model ripping process is about roughly 3-4 large parts, apart from getting set up. Basically, it's filling in for the missing Z-Axis, fix any hair vertices (mainly goes for long hair characters), color fixing the textures (they have the RGB values inverted), and placing the textures on the model. Again, if anyone is interested, give me your email in a message or post below.

Incomplete Models:
KOS-MOS V.3
KOS-MOS V.4
KOS-MOS Swimsuit
KOS-MOS V.1 (It's in Ep. III as a special suit)

Ripping Process:
In case anyone wants to do it from square one or rip for themselves, I have placed a link where I've learned to do such. However, PLEASE DO NOT ask the person to give you any said models. He seems for some reason to not give any of his work. So please do not ask him.

http://www.godsibb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=457
I may be able to help you out with it sometime, but it may be a bit before I can considering the amount of work that needs to be done. Just out of curiosity though is it that the Z axis problem that its nonexistent or that its distorted. A lack of a Z axis at all could make this very time consuming.
At first yes there is no Z-Axis. However, a simple trick has been made to fill in the missing Z-Axis. It's basically ripping the model in 2 stances (front view and side view). I forget the technique off the top of my head, but it basically merges the two rips filling in the missing Z-Axis. My problem with the model is smoothing, fixing the hair, and texture work. The rips and filling the Z-Axis has been done for the models listed above. Although, I do have a T-Elos model that is completely done. However, none of the work was done by me.
Here are some images on the KOS-MOS models I was talking about XD
[Image: kosmosmodelview.png]
[Image: kosmosmodelview3.jpg]
[Image: kosmosmodelview2.jpg]
(09-08-2010, 02:52 PM)Novax Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some images on the KOS-MOS models I was talking about XD
*Pictures*

Jeez, I see what you mean; its like every other face is flipped. Have you tried using the "recalculate outside" option on it through Blender? It may be able to fix that. Quoting Labbed from another thread "When in Edit Mode, Go to Mesh > Normals > Recalculate Outside. Or you could press Ctrl+N. Be sure to have all faces selected.". Can't say it'll work for you, but its worth trying I'd say.
Yeah that's what I was about to suggest as well. =P If you struggle in doing it perhaps I could try for you. But it's best to try yourself first.
Well, that's not the problem. The problem is the hair has to be fixed manually. I was just showing how it's messed up. I'll get to you guys with an update when I can make progress on it. I do appreciate the help and tips though.
Here's an example of a entirely broken model with the method I use.

[Image: destroyedmarymodel.png]

As you can also see, those are the 2 rips I have to form the single model as in the other 2 above examples. I do have another way, but it destroys the UV maps. I hear it's hard to put them back XD.
Well it appears to make a fairly nice rip compared to the individual ones. I'm assuming your other method is using 3Dvia Printscreen right? Thats the tool I know that destroys UV maps.
Oh the individual ones are done using the same method as the broken one. And that model is supposedly completely broken as in I can't use it. It's just an example that it can sometimes be a bit hard to rip. The other method is yes, 3Dvia Printscreen with Virtools. It gets it done right, but destroys the UV maps. I don't know if you're a master of that or not.
Well I've fixed one model ripped from 3Dvia Printscreen. That being my XIII Moogle model. But that's my limited experience. It seems like they're just blown up several sizes too big but still accurate. The hard part is resizing them accurately.
Odd, mine weren't overly blew up like yours. I just had to "blow it" back up. Like a balloon in terms since it's flat.
Oh my apologies I was referring to the UV maps, not the mesh.
Oh, I have no idea about that, never got that far as I had no idea what to do after that. It's a backup method I may need to use as some models are impossible to grab with this current method due to certain issues.
Well what part was it you didn't understand? Was it how to convert from the 3dxml file to something useable?
Pages: 1 2