The VG Resource

Full Version: ORGANIZATION XIII MOOGLE (358/2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off sorry for the capitals in the title but this is quite the accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.

Today I bring you wonderful people something that has yet to be done by anyone successfully as far as I know. I bring you a model straight outta Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days!

I'm so excited about this I've wanted this little guy for ages. I'd like to thank Barubary for reminding me of NSBMD a nifty little openGL viewer for DS models. Ripping from openGL was a pain but I figured out a way to do it. Although the model wasn't even close to ready then either. The UV maps were really blown up about 10 times too big so it just repeated what it should have been about a billion times all over the faces. It didn't look good. And the mesh was disfigured like this:

Note: This is the mesh after fixing the UV.

[Image: MoogleBefore.jpg]

And this is it now after all my fixing:

[Image: XIII_Moogle_AnimatePLZ.png][Image: XIIIMoogle2.png]

Looks much better eh? I had to drag vertexes from all over the model to their correct place. It took me about two hours but it was kinda fun seeing him resurrected. I took the charge of reUVing him to only 1 texture instead as well.

So here you go a perfectly reconstructed XIII Moogle to add to your collections.

[Image: XIII_Moogle_icon.png]

I can't promise I'll rip much else from 358/2 because it took a lot of work. But I might decide to get Ventus, Xion, and maybe a few worlds (levels you play on). Oh and the Large Armor heartless since it's only in this one.

Enjoy and tell me what you think. =)

Oh and here's a image for when you add the game to the categories.

[Image: KH358Days.png]
sweeet.
...Beautiful. I'm glad this game can be ripped from - it has some sweet content.

Can I please make a request for Luxord if you're starting a queue of ripping targets? Personal favourite Nobody.
Yeah I'm excited to rip something from this game as well. I probably could rip Luxord but I'd need to go through the whole mesh fixing process again. I could just rip him from KH2 and then you'll have a higher detailed model anyway.
This is just awesome! Nice work Zerox.

I'd just like to ask one question. Do the various "rooms" of each world have readable models in this game. I'd love to try ripping those if its possible especially since in the PS2 games there was no way to get them. I'm also fairly sure they wouldn't be distorted from the rigging like the character models and so it might be worth doing.
Thanks glad you like it. The rooms do indeed come as seperate models all of which are readable. And yeah they don't get distorted mesh wise either. I'd love it if someone tagged along in getting the rooms. I'm currently working on fixing one of the rooms from Castle Oblivion. It seems it lost all data of which texture goes to which geoset and the UVs are yet again blown up too large but I'm working on getting the right textures and UV maps corrected for each piece of it. I'll probably do the other room of Castle Oblivion as well as theirs only two rooms used. (Except there might be that computer room too if I can find it. Would you like me to post my current methods and tools used?
That would be great if you could post your method and tools actually whenever you get the chance. As I said before I'd love to get those rooms ripped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Alright here's what I'm doing right now.

I open the models with either Console Tools ( http://llref.emutalk.net/downloads/consoleTool_v02b.zip ) or NSBMD ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c3y3349wbgdtd2/NSBMD.zip ) and then I use 3DVia Print Screen ( http://www.3ds.com/fileadmin/3dxml/3DVIA...up_2.3.exe ) to capture the model and textures. I should note that it doesn't seem to keep transparency so you have to re-add the transparency manually. It captures a 3DXML file which contains the mesh and textures.

The only way I've found to convert it is to upload it to their website and download it as a DAE file here: http://www.3dvia.com/upload-basic

Then you can import it into a program that works with DAE files and work from there. I use Blender to import them and then I export them to .obj and work on them in Milkshape 3D. But other programs would work.

You can get the raw models here: http://www.propl.nl/random/KH3582_Models.zip

Good luck and I hope you are successful in ripping stages and with luck you'll improve upon my method.
Thanks a bunch dude. Yeah I'll try and post something up when I have it.
Awesome. Just so you know you can find the worlds/rooms in Mi>WD> And then the world name.
It's been a day or two. Any luck Shadowth117?
I'll probably work on getting on getting some of Agrabah ripped soon. I was hoping there might be a way to get a good rip with the UV's intact, but it looks like you'd have to fix them manually. It will probably take me a bit for each room and I'll probably put them in sets as well to avoid having a bunch of individual rooms, but I'll try and get some results when I can.

Slightly off topic, but I figured I should say Soul Calibur IV rips from me in the future are a good possibility soon.
Ah sadly you haven't figured out how to fix the UV issues either eh? Ah well we'll just live with it. My current problem is I can't figure out how to convert the DAE file without losing which textures go to which piece of the model.
(08-26-2010, 01:16 PM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sadly you haven't figured out how to fix the UV issues either eh? Ah well we'll just live with it. My current problem is I can't figure out how to convert the DAE file without losing which textures go to which piece of the model.

Yeah, I've had that problem with one of my .DAE exporters before as well. Well you can use .SMD format if you'd like although like its not really necessary to use anything more advanced than .OBJ+.MTL if all you're not dealing with bones.
Nah I didn't mean for submitting. I meant for the .dae we download from 3DVia after uploading to convert our rip. Sorry for being unclear.
Pages: 1 2