The VG Resource

Full Version: We must rip this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOa6S8UKBs

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmess...c=44388972

Screen shots;
[Image: MegaMan78bit3.png]
[Image: MegaMan78bit4.png]
[Image: MegaMan7CloudMan.png]
[Image: MegaMan78bit2.jpg]
[Image: MegaMan78bit.png]

Looks like it might be a hack of MM6 from the menu and suits. The custom 8-bit sprites are pretty great. What do you guys say?
They're saying it's a .exe file (megaman exe lololol) instead of a ROM. I just need some help finding it.
According to Maneko at SDB, all the sprites are located in an Image folder that accompanies the game.

EDIT: Found it. Smile

I'm gonna start Protoman. Anyone else wanna help?

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/06/r...7fc_m.html
Ok, the sprites are already in sheets. And divided by character. Now what?
Isn't this theft of someone's custom sprites?
(And you sure do pick some "challenging" projects...)
I just saw the screenshots of the game and didn't realize they were already in sheets.
Still your basically taking someone's custom sprites, sheeted or not. Which I'm sure is against the old rules of TSR and all that.
Nice to see the great Tonberry has used a line from myself though.
As nice as the sprites are, I don't think we can accept them.

Unless, of course, you put them all (in unedited form) in one zip and have only one blank TXT file in there, named "~ Give credit to Mend and Capcom!.txt". After all, anyone who downloads RM7FC can get the sprites easily, so...

In other words, don't even bother asking for credit for them. :x

(EDIT: Oh, wait. The credits has 16 different names for the graphics designers... D: )
Quote: - You didn't make them. I don't care how good they are, they must be made by you.
- They are ripped from M.U.G.E.N.. It's something that somebody else already ripped, or made custom.

Why do you even have a rules section if no one reads them...
That's not M.U.G.E.N though.
Goemar Wrote:
Quote: - You didn't make them. I don't care how good they are, they must be made by you.
- They are ripped from M.U.G.E.N.. It's something that somebody else already ripped, or made custom.

Why do you even have a rules section if no one reads them...
Even though they're not M.U.G.E.N. sprites, I don't think we'll be able to accept the Rockman 7 Famicom sprites because of that reason. In fact, I've been a bit reluctant to submitting sprites from "Moe-Moe - No Limit Off Beat Action Shooting" (a Super Smash Bros.-esque game with a bunch of different anime characters, including Chiyo, Dejiko and Arcueid) for that reason (even though I had to recolour them all back to their normal palettes). Sick
I know it's not M.U.G.E.N but I think the rules still applies as they are basically somebody else's work.
Sprite ethics in full force here I guess.

Now if you could somehow contact the people or team responsible for the game and get there permission to archive them I guess all is good, but I doubt that is possible. Maybe just mentioning the game on an update and the fact it contains all the sprites will have to do here.
We could always ask if the creators of they could be hosted on SI. Thus, we wouldn't need to rip them. Also, seeing as how the same M.U.G.E.N rules (hopefully) apply to this, it wouldn't cause interweb drama.

God knows we already have enough of that.