The VG Resource

Full Version: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHOOTAN
RAIDAN
TEMPLEAN
ACCENTAN

So, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light just recently came out, and I happened to buy it, and it's probably the best game in the Summer of Arcade lineup this year.

Basically, you're raiding tombs and the usual bullshit, but two things have changed majorly:

1. It's an isometric shooter, meaning you won't have to go through all of those camera issues like in other Tomb Raider games
2. You can play with a second player in the co-op adventure

This shit is insanely fun, the puzzles are well crafted, the design in impeccable, and the graphics are gorgeous. This definitely is nearly on-par with last year's Summer of Arcade closer, Shadow Complex. Anyone else getting or thinking of getting this game?

[Image: E3-2010-Lara-Croft--the-Guardian-of-Light-Photos.jpg]
hey i'd get it if my online for Xbox was working and paying 99 bucks for a router seems like a ripoff.

Never really picked up on tomb raider but this seems like a start tbh.
this year's summer of arcade is really fuckin good, i was surprised. i had heard bad things about this game towards the release but i played it the other day and it was a lot of fun
i'll buy it when the developer decides they want to actually make money and releases it on PSN, bye.
(08-23-2010, 10:08 PM)Sheriff Deadpool Wrote: [ -> ]i'll buy it when the developer decides they want to actually make money and releases it on PSN, bye.

I'm sure they are making money off of it considdering the hundereds of retarded xbox fanboys that are out there.
more people would buy it if it was on PSN

you know

kind of belonging to the console that helped create tomb raiders popularity
(08-25-2010, 01:11 PM)Sheriff Deadpool Wrote: [ -> ]kind of belonging to the console that helped create tomb raiders popularity

but nobody owns a sega dreamcast anymore
(08-25-2010, 06:53 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2010, 01:11 PM)Sheriff Deadpool Wrote: [ -> ]kind of belonging to the console that helped create tomb raiders popularity

I own a dreamcast, is that a bad thing?
(08-25-2010, 07:04 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]

no because no copy protection
(08-25-2010, 07:17 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]

well in that case I'm pirating illbleed and de la jet set radio, considdering I'll assume it won't have region lockout ether
would you queers shut up about sega dreamcast and go buy this game

and then wait for them to patch the online co-op in ):
(08-25-2010, 07:46 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]would you queers shut up about sega dreamcast and go buy this game

and then wait for them to patch the online co-op in ):

I would if my online was working

and if I had a gold account since microsoft is more queer then us when it comes to online multiplayer
(08-25-2010, 07:44 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2010, 07:17 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]

well in that case I'm pirating illbleed and de la jet set radio, considdering I'll assume it won't have region lockout ether

dunno about region locking, but for some games you'll need the Utopia Boot Disk to run them (google it)
whoa i have a dreamcast, best friggin system ever. i still play Project Justice to this day.
and, you don't have to worry about region locking, I have a dozen Japanese fighters and Shenmue 2 on CD-Rs, no problems

for some reason, with backups some won't automatically boot [aka selfboot] and that's where the Utopia Boot Disk comes in - that's a problem you'll run in pretty much with homebrew [which is fun fun fun on the dreamcast]

i've played de la Jet Set Radio, it's pretty much the US release of Jet Grind Radio with a few different songs, seriously no big deal. you could probably patch in the JP songs into the US game if you really care that much
(08-25-2010, 09:05 PM)kakasheh Wrote: [ -> ]i've played de la Jet Set Radio, it's pretty much the US release of Jet Grind Radio with a few different songs, seriously no big deal. you could probably patch in the JP songs into the US game if you really care that much

that and the European songs.

re railing this topic though, this honestly seems like a good game like I said before. But I'd have to try out a demo or something before I like, Something I can't do at the moment.