The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"uh-oh a new user with mega man sprites that's always a red flag"

I guess I finally have a use for my some two-year old account. I haven't sprited in a very long time, but I felt like giving it another try with my no-practice-but-staring-at-TSR. At first I wasn't taking it seriously so I didn't care if I had a boring pose, but I decided to do it over since I've spent so much time on it.

My friend helped me a bit but he's not a spriter (and he seems to like low contrast and a lot of colors on everything, so he makes me kind of worry...) and all he could say today was "honestly like, the face is akward and everything else is too." I've stared at it so long I can't really tell what to do anymore.

[Image: previewm.png]

Newest is on the bottom, shading on light blue parts are a placeholder (along with a lot of the shading on the older stuff)

EDIT: Working on his face

[Image: previewpp.png]

I think I might just start trying some drastic changes
well even if your new, this is pretty good, and so far the problem that you already mentioned is the body shading, and thats common with many people. Im no exeption. now what i recomend is to use some type of tutorial about body shading, or anatomy to see about shades in the human body.
i dont care enough to critique this right now
maybe later

just poppin into the thread to say that i was completely surprised that the sprites posted were actually good and that i wouldn't get to ban someone for being a fuckwit
[Image: isee.gif]
rofl I realized I made my name stupid because I thought I was never going to post and that the subject I chose was Mega Man. I should've made my post icon the crying face or something while I was at it.

TSR's pleasant surprise of the day (I hope).

Also more face progress but I'm still not sure (one in middle)

[Image: previewhs.png]
I can't see the image
Its looking good, eyes on your new one (middle) are a bit uneven. Also you may make his arms/cannon a little bigger.
you can change your username in the user CP
I know but

I changed it recently

I don't even remember why. Maybe I was sick of staring at the same name for two years. I bet that's when I got the bright idea to start spriting again too.

EDIT: I should probably quit for now, I feel cruddy today and I'm sleepy/losing my focus already. I've seriously spent so much time playing with things only to redo them or put them back to how they were anyway. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and go "eww I put these on TSR?" anyway, hah.

[Image: previewfj.png]

This is where I'm at so far. Sorry if the background color's too bright, I was trying to get a new look at it. Shading's just kind of thrown in and'll get fixed up, the limbs I love to do over a thousand times so those probably aren't staying either.
It's a great base, but the arms look a bit off, like maybe they should be longer or something. Bigger? I'm not sure.
the problem is noodle limbs

the arm sticking out of his body is making a curve, not an angle.
Everything in this update was done in like two seconds but does this head angle look better? (one on the left)

[Image: previewx.png]

EDIT: Jeez I'm slow. I hope to God I keep these legs and don't do them over again. These are probably better.

[Image: previewr.png]

Now to move onto those annoying arms that I just can't decide on. Half of me wishes I could move on to other characters but by the time I'm done with this I probably won't want to anymore
Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to this so I wish I had something more finished for critique. Both hands aren't really shaped and I'm probably going to redo the whole closer arm anyway. I did finally play around with his head parts though.

[Image: previeww.png]

Oh and scribbles are fun.
off topic but it needs to be said

thanks for joining, it's refreshing to actually see GOOD new members coming in
Haha, no thank you guys. I'm surprised these comments aren't really getting to my head considering I totally respect the people here and I've never really been part of a spriting community before. I think it's a result of my understanding of the low expectations and the horrific difficulty this sprite is giving me.

I'd really hate for me to get big-headed or something stupid like that anyway. Part of the reason I never posted, besides rarely spriting (but I draw pretty often so it's not like I go art-less for long periods of time) was because I was afraid I'd be too soft-hearted for critique and waste everyone's time. My friend was really harsh though, so that helped me be certain I could get over it.

...Oh. That reminds me. I'd hate to mess up whatever reputation I have but this friend I keep talking about?

He's the "4-chan guy" from the Lavender Tone thread. Yeah, rofl. See, I showed him because he sent me the Pokemon Black story, he wasn't supposed to bother you guys. Maybe you can let it go since he's the reason I'm here.

...(or something)
I think I can forgive the friend thing since you're obviously a good gal and a great spriter. Both you and Raid have made a fantastic first impression with your amazing spriting. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more!
Pages: 1 2