The VG Resource

Full Version: Instant Gratification is boring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I'm trying to learn how to make awesome level sprites like some of you guys, but I keep getting instant gratification for this sprite where ever I post it, and its not awesome yet though. I'm hoping you guys can give my the critique I'm looking for. I was going for a girly relucant look in case it helps.
[Image: charay.png]
If I may be so bold, can I get a side order of boxes showing where the errors are along with my heavy critique?
it looks really pillowshaded and none of the color ramps you're using get very dark/have enough contrast/they blend together too much/whathaveyou

and the anatomy is all kinds of fucked up, i'm sure someone here will can make an edit explaining it but
yeah
Highlighted the main anatomical issues, which were that her left elbow is bent-backwards, and both of her ankles are broken.
[Image: charay.png]
Her right (our left) foot is pointing due west, when it should be pointing more towards the viewer (due to the positioning of the rest of her body). Her left (our right) foot looks like it is pointing backwards. Her knee on that same leg seems to confirm the foot issue, which makes it very unnatural.

Probably should have used a different color besides black to highlight the issues, but oh well.
also, rough outlining and her right eye is too small even if considering perspective.