The VG Resource

Full Version: Want to Request? Read Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there newcommers of tSR! Please understand That we have been getting a lot of requests to do things lately and well here are a few things you should know.

1. We have a Requests area right inside the Resource area but it IS NOT in the Sprite area, creativity area, or anything like that. So please don't Request in those places other then the request area because it makes us angry with you.

2. You need 20 posts to see the Requests area. Why? Well because we will most likely not help you if we don't know you and if you only join to request, well it makes us not like you.

3. We can talk about anything here as long as you post it in the right spot so please don't be afraid to make topics and such if you don't see a topic around for what you want to talk about. We generally don't bite.
wait a second
suggestion

according to the rules, you need 20 posts to SEE the requests forum
this isnt good

instead, the rule should be 20 posts to post in it, not to see it

because people are dumb and it'll be like the requests forum doesn't exist, meaning that sprite discussion will end up getting clogged with requests again

in other words, make it so everyone can see the requests board, but you can only post inside with 20 or more posts
and then institute heavy warns for anyone with less than 20 posts that puts a request anywhere else because they shouldn't be doing it anyway

and make sure to put in a rather large font on the description that you have to have 20 or more posts to request so that they'll have no excuse for not seeing the board and rule
That works.
I second that suggestion.
Quote:Gorsal: what if someone with more than 20 posts make an irregular request topic
Gorsal: will he be harshly punished or punished normally?
Vipershark: 20+ people just have their thread moved, right
Vipershark: because accidents happen
Vipershark: but
Vipershark: with less than 20 posts
Vipershark: it's pretty obvious that they do it on purpose
Vipershark: so
Vipershark: you put a huge font in the description
Vipershark: making sure they cant miss that thats the only place you can request
Vipershark: then if they try to post it somewhere else, hit them hard
Gorsal: and what if the 20+ guy makes an irregular topic in the requests forum
Gorsal: I mean
Gorsal: you can limit them
Gorsal: but shit is shit
Vipershark: well i mean
Vipershark: an irregular topic as in like
Vipershark: not a request?
Vipershark: that's
Vipershark: never happened, has it?
Gorsal: well, a shitty request
Vipershark: oh
Vipershark: those happen anyway
Gorsal: like that Mattyguy
Vipershark: just close them like normal
Vipershark: since they /technically/ didnt break any rules, i suppose
Vipershark: well
Vipershark: aside from making a bad request
Vipershark: but
Vipershark: closing those threads like normal would be fine, right
Gorsal: sounds great to me

just wondering what the rest of the staff thinks
This is pretty much what I think

I think we can do that; it'll limit the number of shitty request threads, but it's good to know that will not magically turn the threads good. Shit topics will continue existing because 20+ post people are technically identical to less-than-20 post people; the only difference is the number below his avatar. So, I don't expect a HUGE improvement, but a small one (I hope that is enough to make the Requests Forum better)
at the very least, it still gets rid of the one post requesters and forces people to interact with the community before requesting
I like this, I think an admin should get on this asap.
Darn, I had a really simple request... At least I know why I can't access the posting page. Well thanks for the info.
Kat, you might want to gt rid of the SpamHaul reference in the first post.
Done.
requests isn't in sprite discussion anymore

and sprite discussion doesnt exist anymore
also

the grammar in the first post is similar to that of a 12 year old
fix it
Not a mod anymore, but still bossy XP
You have a point, through
Well good enough with your rules and regulations for 20 post...i will give a try.
Pages: 1 2