The VG Resource

Full Version: Mack151's sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's been a long time since I've been on TSR. I registered myself on Pixeltendo a while ago and posted M&L Dimentio sprites (which somehow ended up under "Other Mario Characters" in the M&L Style Customs section... ?). I tried a follow-up with a M&L Count Bleck. I had trouble with it, and spent a while trying to fix it, but eventually abandoned the project. I hadn't been on TSR for quite a while since then, but I'm back, and I plan to get a lot more done this time around.

So, here's a few of my recent projects:

SMW Mr. L
[attachment=647]
[attachment=646]

M&L style Megaman (WIP)
[attachment=648]
Nice work!
I fancy the M&L style MM more. But the side view walk thing looks a bit awkward, at least the gap at his crotch area looks rather weird.
The MM ones are awesome but Mr. L? It's just an odd Luigi recolour...
Well, Mr. L is SUPPOSED to be mostly a recolor of Luigi. He is, after all, Luigi in a different outfit. Compare the official art.

edit: GaryCXJk, does this look better? I made a few slight adjustments to the back legs.
[attachment=651]
Ok nice work but, the megaman isn't in style, the shading and AA are off, here is the M&L tutorial for help Nice work though!
Can you be a bit more specific? Is the anti-aliasing problem outside or inside the outline? And the shading, are you talking about the arms, legs, body, face, etc.?
Mack151 Wrote:Can you be a bit more specific? Is the anti-aliasing problem outside or inside the outline? And the shading, are you talking about the arms, legs, body, face, etc.?
Here is both of the tutorials for you
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resourc...erpage.png
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resourc...tletut.png
read up! Once you have your shading arranged, then it will look good.
"the megaman isn't in style, the shading and AA are off, here is the M&L tutorial for help"

That's a bit unclear. Do you mean the type of AA described in the "Shades" section or the "Outline" section? For the shading, do I have the light source wrong, are there too many shades per color, should the highlights be removed, etc.?

If it's the color:
The sprite uses colors from Starpower's pallette. There are three shades of blue for light blue, three for dark blue, three shades of the face color. The dark blue and light blue share one shade. The tutorial says that if the sprite is mostly one color it can have four different shades, and Megaman is mostly blue. However, the thwomp in the tut doesn't follow this rule, as it has 7 different shades of gray total! The white spikes and gray body are most likely considered two different colors, and therefore have their own shades. Megaman has 5 shades of blue total.
Mack151 Wrote:"the megaman isn't in style, the shading and AA are off, here is the M&L tutorial for help"

That's a bit unclear. Do you mean the type of AA described in the "Shades" section or the "Outline" section? For the shading, do I have the light source wrong, are there too many shades per color, should the highlights be removed, etc.?

If it's the color:
The sprite uses colors from Starpower's pallette. There are three shades of blue for light blue, three for dark blue, three shades of the face color. The dark blue and light blue share one shade. The tutorial says that if the sprite is mostly one color it can have four different shades, and Megaman is mostly blue. However, the thwomp in the tut doesn't follow this rule, as it has 7 different shades of gray total! The white spikes and gray body are most likely considered two different colors, and therefore have their own shades. Megaman has 5 shades of blue total.
Use the tutorial it is correct, use it in the future, I gave him a generally lighter pallete, and less shades and he looks better! Here this is how your megaman should look, I reshaded it for you! Now use this one for the rest of your posesBig Grin
[Image: improvedmegamanhelpmc1.png]
Your's honestly looks worse, his just needs shading.
Dex Wrote:Your's honestly looks worse, his just needs shading.
Naw your kidding he forgot the AA, I didn't do the face XD
And M&L uses only 3 shades per color, and I gave him the correct shading, he doesn't need anymore trust me. He had like 5 unless this is PIT O_o
I improved it, M&L uses a lighter pallete then what he had, and i made the light source correct Dex. Here now I did the face and it looks better
[Image: improvedmegamanhelplw4.png]
edit: Sorry, CoolYoshi. I do appreciate the help, but it's harder to tell between the two shades of blue in your version, they look less distinct from each other. That's why I had five shades of blue, just to help separate the two. Plus, in your version the bumps on his head are missing.

The thing is, It's hard to add shading without screwing up the sprite.
Mack151 Wrote:edit: Sorry, CoolYoshi. I do appreciate the help, but it's harder to tell between the two shades of blue in your version, they look less distinct from each other. That's why I had five shades of blue, just to help separate the two. Plus, in your version the bumps on his head are missing.
NO, you must have max 3. Whoops I forgot about the bumps on his head XD Also use those colors, those are a perfect pallete, those are the colors on my Dolphin, Parakoopa's Cataquacts etc. But just put the bumps on my sprite, because I added shading, and you must have 3 shades of blue, you can have one extra for the light source. The problem was that you made the bumps look like an SMW light source so I couldn't tell, also yeah I added AA that you didn't have, There you go, take it from there.
Quote:NO, you must have max 3. Whoops I forgot about the bumps on his head XD Also use those colors, those are a perfect pallete, those are the colors on my Dolphin, Parakoopa's Cataquacts etc. But just put the bumps on my sprite, because I added shading, and you must have 3 shades of blue, you can have one extra for the light source. The problem was that you made the bumps look like an SMW light source so I couldn't tell, also yeah I added AA that you didn't have, There you go, take it from there.
Okay... how's this?
[attachment=656]

Also, does anyone else have any more C&C on the Mr. L sprites?
Pages: 1 2