The VG Resource

Full Version: Retro City Rampage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so really this is pretty much GTA mixed with a bunch of NES games.

pausable, don't know if it'll be worthwhile though.
i like the concept, but the trailer is a mess.
This looks pretty damn awesome.
Even though i didn't really like the original GTA games (or any of them for that matter)
i still want to play this.

Also deadpool, i don't know what you're talking about. The trailer looks fine.
Tbh I'd like to see this on PSN or XBLA but I got other things I want to get. (modnation racers, crackdown series)
(08-18-2010, 07:53 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]crackdown series
ewwww
wrong answer

crackdown 1 is great
from what i've heard crackdown 2 is just sort of decent though
was expecting somethign more like River City Ransom (because of the initials)

cool though
I'm unsure if I want to play this.

I dislike the original top-down gta games, but I bought chinatown wars and loved it, even though it's in the original style.
Maybe I'll give it a try.
(08-18-2010, 08:48 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2010, 07:53 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]crackdown series
ewwww

I want to go to michigan to hunt you down for this post.

Nah just kidding but really, I like it because it's mario with a shooter mixed in (there are other ones I am aware, but not enough jumping height though.)

Just to add on to the actual discussionof the game I never really played the older GTA games, so I wouldn't have much of a clue on how those work. Although, this seems to improve that.
basically the older GTA games are like top down zelda in a big city but with incredibly frustrating controls and 90% of the time you're actually driving backwards because you can't tell the difference
which is why i hate the original gta games

fortunately chinatown wars fixed all that so if this game follows that same formula, it should be fine
GTA advance was fine. although easy except for the part when you have to drive a sluggish slow tank and everyone fired rockets at you, and you expected your tank to be invulnerable just to find you'll blow up after the fourth of fifth hit.
i've only played gta advance twice

the first time was before playing chinatown wars and after about 30 seconds I hated it, then I tried it again after beating chinatown wars and it seemed half decent, though obviously nowhere as good as CW. Maybe I should give it another try.
this looks really kick-ass

it's like GTA + Contra + Bionic Commando + the first NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Pages: 1 2