The VG Resource

Full Version: Double Dragon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I ripped some sprites / backgrounds from Double Dragon 1 for the NES. I will keep working on getting more sprites / backgrounds, but thought I would show off what I have done so far.
[Image: dd1icon.png]
[Image: dd1tsicon.png]
[Image: dd1ts.png]
[Image: dd1psicon.png]
[Image: dd1ps.png]
[Image: dd1vsicon.png]
[Image: dd1vs.png]
[Image: dd1mbbgicon.png]
[Image: dd1mbbg.png]
[Image: dd1mbbillyicon.png]
[Image: dd1mbbilly.png]
cool
you plan on ripping the enemies?
Hell yes. Love this game. Please do more!
(08-16-2010, 08:48 AM)MoneyMan Wrote: [ -> ]cool
you plan on ripping the enemies?

Yes, I plan on ripping all the characters, as well as the backgrounds for each level. Basically, I'm going to rip everything I can, but it will take some time.

I've always been a big fan of Double Dragon, the nes versions most of all. Although I had always been disappointed in the lack of a 2-player co-op mode in the first one. So what I would like to do is rip the graphics from this game and then make my own version of Double Dragon with 2-player co-op.

Edit:
Here's the background for Mission 1 (Updated: Small fix.):
[Image: dd1m1bgicon.png]
[Image: dd1m1bg.png]

Edit 2:
Billy in Mode A (Updated: Added Jimmy's alternate colors.):
[Image: dd1mabillyicon.png]
[Image: dd1mabilly.png]
I believe I got each frame for Billy. If I missed anything just let me know.

Edit 3:
Mission 2 background:
[Image: dd1m2bgicon.png]
[Image: dd1m2bg.png]
Whoa... That's some dedication you have right there, really nice.

I find it strange that the stage titles don't match up to the stages in terms of style. Also I'm sure by now, someone would have hacked Double Dragon 1 NES to have the 2-player co-op mode that was missing, good luck with your project anyway.
(08-16-2010, 06:13 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa... That's some dedication you have right there, really nice.
I find it strange that the stage titles don't match up to the stages in terms of style.

Thank you. Yeah, I've always found that strange, too.

(08-16-2010, 06:13 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'm sure by now, someone would have hacked Double Dragon 1 NES to have the 2-player co-op mode that was missing, good luck with your project anyway.

Really? It seems it would be impossible to hack DD1 to have 2-player co-op. But anyways, the game is just an idea at this point, but I have more ideas than just adding two-player co-op. That will be more relevant in the future, though, because right now all I'm really worried about is getting as many graphics from this game as I can. Thanks for the luck, though.

I've been visiting this site for awhile now (I want to say years, but I don't know if it's really been that long) so it feels nice to be able to make a contribution.
HELL YES. Has SDD been ripped as well?
Here is Will from Mode A. I think these are the only two color versions. If you know of another one let me know.
[Image: dd1mawillicon.png]
[Image: dd1mawill.png]

Also an update to Billy's sprites in my previous post.
I'm seriously digging this project! Double Dragon is one of my favorite beat-em-ups of all time!

By the way CeeY, your avatar is very cool Tongue
Here.

[Image: lindamodebicon.png]

[Image: doubledragonlindamodeb.gif]

If you're really serious about doing a co-op version of the game, you'll need an engine.
Go to http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php
"OpenBor" works well on many platforms including PSP, Wii, GP2X, Windows, Mac, Xbox, linux, Dreamcast, and still more.
In the meantime I'll keep Ripping the Mode B Characters.
If and only if you're really really serious about remaking the game, Contact me.
enjoy.

[Image: williamsmodebicon.png]

[Image: doubledragonwilliamsmod.gif]

Roper next.
Looking good!
[Image: ropermodebicon.png]

[Image: doubledragonropermodeb.gif]

few curiosities with this one.

Row 7, Frame 1 and 3 not set properly ingame.
Upper body to the left, lower body to the right.

Row 7, frame 3, (left facing, left punch Reaction) inaccessible with other characters. Means having to do others over.
Will keep trying, maybe with tile viewer.

Chin-tai next.
[Image: chinmodebicon.png]

[Image: doubledragonchintaimode.gif]

maybe the extra roper frame wasn't an aberration.
Looking into it.
Abobo next, Then corrections to other sheets.
[Image: abobomodebicon.png]

[Image: doubledragonabobomodeb.gif]

Abobo can't jump apparently.
Corrections to other sheets made.
Mode B Has no Willy... should look into it.
Pages: 1 2