The VG Resource

Full Version: Unused sprites in BB Gun catacombs map?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to rip and organize the background sprites for Ball Bullet Gun on the SNES. I noticed in the catacombs tiles there appear to be suits of armor. However, I haven't noticed any suits of armor in the game. Anyone seen them used at all? I'm trying to figure out which color scheme they use. There might be other "unused" sprites but those are the only ones I've stumbled upon so far.
welcome to tsr, literally nobody else has played ball bullet gun besides you an i
BB gun game for the SNES?

I never even heard of such a game, anything good or not?
(08-16-2010, 07:52 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]BB gun game for the SNES?

I never even heard of such a game, anything good or not?

It's a simple little strategy game like Front Mission. You can compare it to Final Fantasy Tactics or Shining Force, but Front Mission is a little closer. You have little missions you have to complete, like capture the flag, rabbit hunt (avoid being killed for 25 turns), hostage rescue, and such.

You have 5 classes of characters to use: Leader (in every mission, can use all gun types), Assault (can use knives, pistols, shotguns and automatic rifles as well as throw grenades), Defender (can heal allies and can use knives, pistols, SMG's, automatic rifles, and machine guns), snipers (rather weak unit that can use knives, pistols, automatic rifles and sniper rifles but with the best base accuracy), and Tactical (lays traps and can use knives, pistols, SMG's and a automatic rifles).

Maps have a fog of war. When enemies move, you can hear the ground they step on and your units will tell you if they saw an enemy pass in front of them or heard one pass by. You don't actually get to see where the enemy moves until after he moves.

Combat is fairly complicated, being based on random seeded values relative to the attacker's base hit rate, the weapon's base hit rate at that range, the target's evasion rate, the angle of attack, and the terrain the target is standing on. Some pistols, all SMG's, all automatic rifles and all machine guns also fire a random number of bullets. Some of the knives attack a random number of times as well.

The game uses an AP system whereby each step a unit takes uses up 1 or 2 AP depending on the terrain, attacks require a certain amount of AP specific to the weapon used, reloading guns requires AP specific to the weapon used, specials (like grenades or traps) use up AP, and looking around (so you can look more than one direction without moving from your spot) uses up 1 AP. You can run through enemies, but if you try to stop on the same tile as an enemy, you will lose 1 AP and get bumped back a step. Weapons also weigh different amounts, which will subtract from your AP, so bigger, more powerful weapons will drastically hinder your movement speed and attack rate.

It's easy to max out the leader's level, so there isn't a whole lot of customization. Some enemies will defect, and since these are fairly easy to get a hold of early on, most players will just increase the stats of their leader and the defectors who are stronger than your starter team. However, unless you solo the first 14 or so missions with your leader, the unit that gets upgraded is randomly decided based on who survived the mission. The stat that gets upgraded is also randomly decided. ... It's a very random game.

It's also really easy early on. I soloed the first 16 missions with my leader (well, I soloed 13 or 14 of them, but when I added a defector to my team I just had him stand back in the base while my leader did all the work). You always have two weapons and knives are ironically heavy, but they're the lightest weapons class. A max-level leader with two Kunai is devastating early on. I can kill 2-to-3 enemies in one turn with a 95% or higher hit rate. By late game, though, it gets considerably harder.
Sounds like a fun game.