The VG Resource

Full Version: Spriters-Resource site questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do not worry this is not about whether the sprites are legal or not I know they are.

#1: But sprite sheets that say for TSR only does that mean that people are not allowed to rip, edit, etc. sprites from the sheet and use them such as in Game Maker games that are downloadable, playable etc.?

#2: Is their a minimum donation if I wish to and do donate that I must donate such as $5 minimum if I do donate?

#3: How did any of you find out about spriters-resource?

#4: #1 but including anything similar to for TSR only?

#5: How do people get sprites from the games (example Mega Man for Mega Man NES (MM Nintendo Entertainment System)) is it from ROMs (Read Only Memories) or a ROM (Read Only Memory) or what?

#6: Most favorite sprite sheet(s) on the site?

#7: Least favorite sprite sheet(s) on the site?

#8: How long have Spriters-Resource
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ and its community http://www.spriters-resource.com/community
been around for?

For me #3Surprisen Game Maker Community Forums, #6: Super Mario Bros. 2 NES tiles set, #7: I like and love very much but actually its The Legend of Zelda NES Enemies.
1- I believe it means the sprite sheet is only avaliable for download at tSR. If submitted anywhere else it should be considered stealing. Whatever you do with the sheet outside submitting to another sites (like doing a game) is your problem only
2- Heh? Sorry but I'm too sleepy to try to figure out your question
3- Searching around for sprites, with something called "GOOGLE" and writing down "sprites". Is that relevant?
4- Same as #2
5- Are you serious or just trolling around?
6- Seriously?
7- Anything you might rip
8- Since as dawn of the time and rule #34. Or you can just go to the main page of tSR, scroll down and check out the copyright date yourself (if you don't have enough knowledge to do such hard task, the date is 2001)
#5: I am just curious about how people make sprites and upload onto spriters-resource, 6 Yes. Have a great day.
You rip using roms, of course. There's no secret about it. Or, if it is a computer program you can rip from it's files or from the DVD/CD if is a disc-driven console. There are a few tutorials at the site showing the process.