The VG Resource

Full Version: decided to get a PS3 (General reccomendation thread for anything on sony)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know there's already been threads like these but I don't really want to necro them for my own sake.

Already decided to get MGS4 and LBP, I might get heavy rain and 3d dot heroes. Don't know about any others.

don't get heavy rain
ever
it is the shittiest not-game ever

killzone 2 is really good if you can get past the slightly clunky controls(the typical zoom in and melee buttons are reversed for some reason), killzone 3 when it comes out
modnation racers
modnation racers again
dead space
Buy every fighting game so I can whoop your ass at it, on the few occasions I get on my PS3. :D
I'll be sure to get tekken 6 and KOFXIII just to please you tyvon

probably because I'm too lazy to get everyone out there
neither of those are blaz blue
uncharted and uncharted 2

don't get heavy rain, it is terrible
shit how the fuck did I let blaze blue slide?

Anyways are there any other games that don't fall under the fighting genre (seeing those that I mentioned are pretty much the ones I'd like)? I'm thinking of getting GoW (both the complimation and 3) and perhaps the sly cooper comp when it comes out. I'm still considering other titles though.
Heavy rain is a rental I'd say

like, it's a pretty okay game to play, but once you've finished it it doesn't have much replay value

despite trying to do the "interactive literature" thing, it manages to fail a bit because of HUGE GAPING PLOTHOLES

it's still interesting, and if you've avoided spoilers it's a pretty cool story, but it's still pretty flawed
all 3 of the ratchet and clank future games
I once demoed Heavy Rain. It was pure shit. I then decided the game wasn't worth my time.

So yeah. Resonance of Fate, although that one is more of a taste thing. It has a steep learning curve, and not everybody will dig the fighting style.

Possibly also Valkyria Chronicles, if you can still find it.

Also, LittleBigPlanet can also be bought trough PSN Store now, although if you want to have some of the DLC with the game, you'd be better off with the GOTY edition found in stores.

I also agree with ModNation Racers.
Demon's Souls, but be warned that it can be HAAAAAARD, but only if you let it be. I'm just a little retarded and like to rush headfirst into things all the time, so sometimes I get into hot water even when I'm careful. SOOO much fun once you get into it, because you get so scared of going around corners and stuff.
if you have friends, download the Scott Pilgrim game, lol. You can always try the demo first - which is the best thing about the PS3. You don't need our reccomendations, you can pretty much download and demo any games you're curious about.

Tekken 6 isn't as great as you want it to be - just get Blazblue Continuum Shift and Super Street Fighter 4. And Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 if you're feeling weeaboo enough.
If you're into free-roaming GTA style missions, I heavily reccomend inFamous. It's like Mario 64 and GTA had a baby. And it's pretty good.
I also reccomend SoulCalibur IV if you ever get a girlfriend (who am I kidding - get it because EVERYONE has it and will play with you) and MGS4.
If you don't have a 360 already I reccomend trying Bayonetta. I don't know why I like it so much, but I really do :I
If I cared enough for naruto I'd get it but I pretty much hate the whole franchise.

infamous sounds good, i might try it actually once I get the console tomarrow.
infamous is a pretty good game if you don't buy into the idea that your decisions matter in that game

because they don't

also i don't know if people play it anymore but i'd seriously reccomend Warhawk (30 bucks on the playstation store) and Fat Princess (15)

e: seconding bayonetta
(08-12-2010, 08:41 PM)kakasheh Wrote: [ -> ]Tekken 6 isn't as great as you want it to be
I'm going to punch you in the FACE.

Also, don't buy God of War 3, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 instead. Way more satisfying.
Pages: 1 2 3