The VG Resource

Full Version: New Bioshock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.whatisicarus.com/trailer.php
Air cities are a badass concept.
They are indeed. I've not played any of the previous games (My laptop is too shit to run Bioshock 1, heh); but that looks good. The people look surprisingly cartoony.
when i saw "air cities" i groaned because most cities in the sky aren't done right. this one was done beyond right. the artists did a good job of choosing colors so you dont get the devouring feeling of a large empty blue and white sky with buildings in it, all the buildings are always moving and shifting and it is busy enough to not make it feel so large and boring
I love the setting, too bad this game doesn't come out until 2012
(08-12-2010, 04:34 PM)Phantom K Wrote: [ -> ]I love the setting, too bad this game doesn't come out until 2012

we'll all be dead by then anyways so it might as well be vaporware

this doesn't really look like Bioshock anymore, more like a spin off to be honest.
(08-12-2010, 05:44 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]this doesn't really look like Bioshock anymore, more like a spin off to be honest.
boo hoo the game is trying a different environment
(08-12-2010, 05:44 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2010, 04:34 PM)Phantom K Wrote: [ -> ]I love the setting, too bad this game doesn't come out until 2012

this doesn't really look like Bioshock anymore, more like a spin off to be honest.

You might even say.....it's Skyoshock.
(08-12-2010, 05:55 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2010, 05:44 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]

You might even say.....it's Skyoshock.

word. even though this was intended to be a joke this is certainly a more suiting title.
Oh.
Snap.

I don't think there's anything wrong with changing the setting actually, it'll be interesting how it'll "feel". Rapture managed to feel really claustrophobic and oppressive (several tonnes of water will do that I guess) despite how hopeful and cheerful it was *meant* to be, so I'm really really looking forward to seeing how they deal with the VAST EXPANSES OF SKY. If they manage to carry even half of the feeling of neurosis over from Bioshock 1 (not played 2, derp) I'll be happy c:
It looks fucking great yo.
(08-12-2010, 09:47 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]It looks fucking great yo.
gonna quote this
I'm excited to hear that that the developers from Bioshock 1 are behind this game as well, the new setting already gives me more hope than Bioshock 2 did :l
(08-12-2010, 10:53 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2010, 09:47 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]It looks fucking great yo.
gonna quote this

well i mean theres no real logical reason to not like it

if you say "because its not underwater like bioshock" well sry but with or without water a game can still be a bioshock game because its the character and overall level design that makes the game not the WATER

bioshock 1: outside water is a mystery, you only travel inside
bioshock 2: you can travel outside in the water
bioshock 3/infinite: fuck water, lets go to the skies
who are you arguing with, nobody in the history of the world has ever said that
seriously i dont

who is that rant even directed at
Pages: 1 2