The VG Resource

Full Version: Pixel Art Landscape WORK IN PROGRESS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LANDSCAPEWIP2.png]

How is it so far?
Whoa, looks good to me.... though for some reason, the shape of the river is bugging me..... You haven't got the hills shaded yet though, so that may be why.
Perspectiveeeeeeeee~

That's your main problem, that, and the river isn't shaded right with the view you have.

But I like the mountain, and those bright colors.
[Image: LandscapeWIP5.png]

Showed this to a VERY good pixelartist and he threw in an edit or two about what you said Pik, and this was the result.

Bettah? Also the river not being shaded that way would CONTRADICT the lightsource. :B
Perspective is still a huge issue.
The bottom half of the image looks very flat and vertical, then the mountains look very distant. But there is nothing in between.
It needs to be more obvious that the river and grass and such are fading into the distance.
Alright

To make the grassland less boring, should I add flowers, a tree, bushes, what?
the shape of those rocks in the water is bothering me. Realistically, the top would be a little point, but more importantly, where the bottom of the visible rock meets with the water is too straight and flat, it's a 3-dimensional object, you gotta curve it a bit.
[Image: LandscapeWIP6.png]

Still working. Also Grim, I'll get your suggestions in next update, alright?