The VG Resource

Full Version: dispelling this retarded notion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(note: when reading this thread, read it in a calm manner, i am not mad im just chattin. i know i use curse words but thats just how i talk im sorry. :*( )
ok so apparently everyone is now thinking that everything posted is an ironic joke. this is not true. i actually had someone (wont name who) asked if i even actually liked FF games today. i was thinking... what the fuck would make you think that and then we got into a conversation about how everyone thinks that everything is just one big joke.

i would just like to say this RIGHT NOW and get rid of this whole "(anti)ironic-humor" craze. the whole shitstorm started in the pjama thread was because everyone thought i was joking or being "ironic" or what the fuck ever. i can safely say there wasn't a single time in that thread where i wasn't (generally) being serious. the only other area i can point out that came off as a joke was when i said i have a job and life. that was me (poorly) attempting a bryan joke. at the time of me posting that i thought we were all just joshing around. i apologize for that. what was meant to be take from that post was "oh i didn't know he actually did bad things, my bad," which, when read with having this in mind becomes obvious because i don't even mention later at all in the thread.

now that that has been cleared i would also like to mention that a good ~85% of the time i am being absolutely serious. in fact, every post i've ever made outside of spamhaul since i've been back has been serious, unless it was a blatant joke (as in you would know it was a joke if you've seen it). now i've seen people like i don't even know what to take seriously anymore because everyone is trolling/being ironic. this is blown COMPLETELY out of proportion. everyone here is an actual human being on the other end not just a computer program made to respond back to you and make you laugh. we all have actual feelings and actual emotions (SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!) so it should not be far fetch if we can be serious as well. kori is the same way, and i guarantee that all of the people that you think are being "ironic" or w/e aren't being ironic most the time you think they are.

now can we all seriously stop throwing the "ironic" humor term around because it is literally not as common as you think. i lost a few friends in that thread (morgan and jake) so i'm just sitting here like.. this is way too out of fucking hand. if this causes trouble i apologize in advanced, please lock and delete the thread and shove the key in your bum. this is not an attempt to stir up a debate, just trying to let everyone know that we are all friends here and no one is making them stay if they don't like it. just calm down.

p.s. viper people don't hate you as much as you think they do in fact i think its a general consensus that your a pretty good guy, you just a giant anime baby

p.s.s. just because someone isnt funny isn't ground to get mad at them. there is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" post just everyone post and have fun and chill out god damn

tl;dr: there is no such thing as this giant rush of "ironic humor" here at tsr, you all have just tricked yourself into thinking every post is satire. i honestly don't even know what "ironic" humor means.

thank this post if you like chocolate and watching tv
Remember Chad, we are all uptight assholes and all of everyone's post needs to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I can pretty much say that most of the time Kori and Chad aren't really joking, they are just trying to be themselves. However I'm not sure what really happened in the Pjama thread and would like better clarification from Morgan and Bryan's side at least because I have heard the other side.
(08-08-2010, 04:04 AM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, Kori meant this it be a good funny joke. I really did think the blowjob part was witty.

Whether you guys find it funny or not who gives a shit, just stop being so hostile to one another or I will start deleting hostile posts from spamhaul because this is getting ridiculous. (It does say in the description that the mods can do as they see fit so to stop the shitstorms to make everyone at least civil with eachother, I will literally just start deleting posts.)

Bryan, Suigin, as much as you are cool guys, you don't need to call out Kori or Chad all the time because they aren't always being Ironic, I don't even see how Kori was being Ironic, he just inserted wit into an opportune moment.

No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to read Kori's post and then post about how unfunny he is. If you don't find it funny then just fucking leave it. Leave the thread, don't post in it, make your own funny thread to post in. It really isn't that hard, also if you really find Kori that unfunny then, you know, we have an ignore button for a reason. You would never have to see a post of his again.

Posting this in this thread too.

Also I'm not standing up for anyone just because I'm in skypekrew so don't try and pull that bullshit with me. I just don't like shitstorms and I don't like seeing everyone being hostile with eachother so at this point I am literally just saying Fuck it.

It isn't like I'm asking you to be all happy happy joy joy with eachother either. Just be Civil with one another thats all I fucking ask for.
The Pikachu is now diamonds!
am i the only one that avoids reading longer posts

personally i need a catch

like a silly picture of a dog or

something else but

i dont know
they'll probably never read this thread at all, but i'm glad you're at least taking the effort to try to clear things up. i just wish everybody could get the hell along.
tl;dr
thanks anyways
i really dont understand how does one takes things seriusly on this particular groan zone.

because you're not suposed to, you know.
protip: when chad uses correct spelling and grammar, he's being serious
i learned this a long time ago
(08-08-2010, 08:31 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]they'll probably never read this thread at all, but i'm glad you're at least taking the effort to try to clear things up. i just wish everybody could get the hell along.

reposting this
i put a tl;dr idiots
"bitch i want my tofu
having lunch in my school
eatin up the fruit loops
super chex mix swagger"

-Excerpt from an untitled food parody of Goku by Soulja Boy that im working on