The VG Resource

Full Version: The Chiptunes & Flash games thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/544332
It came out Wednesday, its a F#$!%EN, but it's awesome
PS:someone tell if you passed lvl9.
newgroudns.com
It's neat and all, but it doesn't have anything impressive about it.
I bravely clicked that link. Only to see that it was an indie game I already played and beat over a year ago. Why would the creator soil a work as good as this by putting it on a shit site like newgrounds?

If anyone wants to play it(with out the level editor and on newgrounds), just download it. It is a pretty good game, well the verision I played back than was anyway. Des originally got me hooked on it, and I in turn got my friends hooked on it. It doesn't take longer than an hour, but the puzzles are frustrating enough to make you feel like you've been playing it for hours.

Also I thought Agumonkid left...
(08-06-2010, 05:39 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]Why would the creator soil a work as good as this by putting it on a shit site like newgrounds?
Whats wrong with newgrounds
Also I never said I left
(08-06-2010, 05:39 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]I bravely clicked that link. Only to see that it was an indie game I already played and beat over a year ago. Why would the creator soil a work as good as this by putting it on a shit site like newgrounds?

There've actually been a surprising amount of good games on there recently. They've actually improved significantly, even though there's still the steady stream of spam flashes.
(08-06-2010, 05:41 PM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2010, 05:39 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]Why would the creator soil a work as good as this by putting it on a shit site like newgrounds?
Also I never said I left

It's the only place worse than 4chan on the internet. It's filled with unfunny memes, spam, poorly done flashes(with a few exceptions), and it's loaded with pre-pubesequent(spelling?) kids with the worst possible sense of humour, ie; "your mom *tee-hee*" "boobies *ahhaha*". Not to mention the forums..... y'know what I don't think I need to explain that last one.

But by all means if that kinda stuff is funny and entertaining to you, go for it, more power to ya. I know when I was like eight or nine that kinda stuff was enough to get me to smirk or chuckle a little. Than I turned ten and was like "this shit is immature and ridiculous, I'm outta here.".

EDIT: Guru, shoot my some names on these games and I'll give em a test run. I honestly need to see it before I can belive it.
(08-06-2010, 05:49 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]Guru, shoot my some names on these games and I'll give em a test run. I honestly need to see it before I can belive it.
Madness Accelerant, Madness Regent, Castle crashing the beard, Portal Defenders(defenetaly should try this one), Chibi Night, Cave of wonders(also should try), and Pico Blast(YES YES YES)
(08-06-2010, 05:49 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2010, 05:41 PM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]
Also I never said I left
EDIT: Guru, shoot my some names on these games and I'll give em a test run. I honestly need to see it before I can belive it.

Level Up!, Canabalt, Toss the Turtle, The Company of Myself, Ching Chong Beautiful, Super Mario 63 (if you can ignore the dialogue by the Toads. Also, done by Runouw, the guy working on the game for the Smash Bros Project), Fancy Pants Adventures World 2, The Breach, Coma, Epos, Hot Ninja Moon Moon, Super Mario Crossover, Gretel and Hansel, Primary, Chibi Knight, Tetraform, Infectonator, Madness Accelerant, Portal: The Flash Version, Death vs. Monstars, Epic Battle Fantasy (1 and 2), William and Sly, Dadgame, Alice is Dead Episodes 1 and 2

Those are just a couple. Also, take a look at Tarboy, Snow Snow for Lucy, or Last of the Dashkin if you're looking for some quality movies.

Newgrounds actually has some of the best games I've played, and that's probably because they make it so easy to put them out there. If you weed through the crap, you can find a lot of gems there.

Also it gets my respect because Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin are the minds behind the Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, two of my favorite downloadable games.
Interestingly enough, I found this game yesterday myself, though not on NewGrounds. I received a link to the site where the game is, and I'll have to say that it is a pretty solid game. Its short, but then again it is free. The concept is sound, though I think it could have been expanded upon. The art was pretty neat for what they were going for, like the "cut-scenes". The music was pretty great, and they had the OST available on the site for only $1, so I got it.
What site was that. I like the OST.
Oh and Guru, I'll hit some of those up later.
(08-06-2010, 06:10 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]What site was that. I like the OST.

You can buy the OST here.
(08-06-2010, 06:13 PM)ThePoopPupu Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2010, 06:10 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]What site was that. I like the OST.

You can buy the OST here.

That is one epic soundtrack
also G-man you should really try Cave of wonder and Pico blast
I'm tempted to buy the OST. I usually wouldn't bother but damn, thats some good music for only 1$.

As for the game itself, it wasn't bad, but it was a rather easy.
(08-06-2010, 06:40 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]it wasn't bad, but it was a rather easy.
What
PS: should I change this topic to the newgrounds topic
Pages: 1 2