The VG Resource

Full Version: The world of my sprites and pixel art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's mostly just some Pokemon Pixel art right now, but I'd like some input on them if that's ok.

All Pixel Arts are based on the art by Ken Sugimori.

First up, Pikachu:

[Image: pixel_art_pikachu.png]

Next, Garchomp:

[Image: garchomp_pixel_art.png]

And finally, Tsutarja

[Image: transparent_pa.png]
(08-03-2010, 08:42 PM)NintendoFTW Wrote: [ -> ]All Pixel Arts are based on traced from the art by Ken Sugimori.

Sorry, just thought I'd point that out. Overall, it's OKAY, I guess, but it doesn't really look good. Really you traced EVERYTHING, right down to the shading.
Are these traced? They look traced. They alos look flat, use your shades to add volume, actually these look like a beginner in photshop/gimp/some other program similar to those, first try at using said program. These don't really look like pixelart.
Thanks for the comments.

(08-03-2010, 08:50 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]Are these traced? They look traced. They alos look flat, use your shades to add volume, actually these look like a beginner in photshop/gimp/some other program similar to those, first try at using said program. These don't really look like pixelart.

Yes, they are traced, cause that's the way I work and my thought on that's how most Pixel Arts are made. If I may ask, could you elaberate on what you mean by add volume?
volume: giving the impression of three dimensions through shading.
Excuse me, but pixelart is not tracing! Some people may trace a sketch of their's, but no real pixelartist traces someone else's; sketching, drawing, or photograph. They mostly do it from scratch themselves in mspaint or some similar program.

If tracing is your idea of art, you're in the wrong place. We don't do or go for that sort of thing here.
Locking thread and warning OP.
Read this
Holy shit, why is it so hard for new members to notice this thread?

Don't post traces
Don't post edits
Don't post recolors

fuck everyone ever