The VG Resource

Full Version: backflippin guy (WIP heavily)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: backfrip.png]

okay guys i am going to need all of your help on this

i have never ever sprited a human custom before, in any capacity. i know a little bit about anatomy, i'm trying to do the latest pixeljoint challenge.
i realize there is hardly anything there, that's why i need your help.
well, you'd actually should give us a context to begin with. if you lack one, it could be (reading upon the challenge's rules) a kamen rider cosplay avoiding its fanboys?
[Image: backfrip.png]

spiderman backflippin' over something, i added a leg. i don't think it looks right.
Legs are not noodles, they have bone.
You might want to restart completely and try to use a stick figure rather than blocks as a base. Your current base lacks a neck and the limbs don't make sense. I think that experimenting with a stick figure until you find a good stance / pose is much easier.
Here's a little sketch of mine to show what I mean. It's far from perfect (I'm not that good at making special poses myself), but you should get the idea.
[Image: meha.png]
Watch videos of people backflipping to get an idea of what goes on during a backflip. Generally, the legs only bend backwards during a front flip. With a backflip, one or both of the legs is kicked forwards.
The Only Way the Legs would bend that way would be if it was a gainer of some kind, if it was a backflip the legs would be tucked up