The VG Resource

Full Version: Cyndaquil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a quick little sprite (took about 3 minutes or so) and from now on i am sticking with sprites from scratch.
[Image: cyndasketch.png]
There seems to be something missing but i can't quite put my finger on it.
C+C
the fire.
The flame...

Also the head is pillowshaded, even at the change in colors.
I am still working on the flame.
it's still pillowshaded

stop adding antialiasing to every line you possibly can, you don't need it and it's contributing to the pillowing and banding going on right now

on that note
stop adding an outline to everything
why is the fire shaded
fire is it's own lightsource, it would not under any circumstances be shaded
Um ok hows this
[Image: cyndasketchw.png]
still awful
I didn't say to completely get rid of the antialiasing, I said to stop using it where it's not needed
I also said to stop outlining literally everything on the sprite, you haven't fixed that problem either

I also said to attempt to fix the pillowshading but that top area is still pillowshaded

do you know what any of those things are
I don't think you know what any of those things are
look up what those things are, and when you have it figured out, post here again.
Well
I know what they are i have read the sprite dictionary like 5 times but i am more of a kinetic person.
So you don't exist?
Because a "kinetic person" isn't a real thing
a kinesthetic learner is real, but has absolutely no bearing in your inability to fix your sprite.

Stop looking at Wikipedia for the definitions of those terms by the way, judging by the level of competence you've shown so far, you haven't taken anything from the pages other than what you saw in pictures. We have a spriting dictionary here, there's one at PixelxCore, and there's one at Pixelation

look at one of those, and then try again.
A "kinetic person" means a person with potential "Energy"
and no need to be rude
I know you changed the pose since I edited it, but, here is a quick edit that I believe hits on most of the things 1up was saying (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also in this edit, I made the fire a little more robust, I didn't think your fire looked quite right, but maybe thats just me.
[Image: cyndasketchedit.png]
(08-02-2010, 11:20 PM)Video_Pochi Wrote: [ -> ]A "kinetic person" means a person with potential "Energy"
This still has nothing to do with your sprite
"This still has nothing to do with your sprite"
ok and your point is
@Nick Trite
I like it but i don't thing it makes a difference to you know who
(08-02-2010, 11:45 PM)Video_Pochi Wrote: [ -> ]"This still has nothing to do with your sprite"
ok and your point is
@Nick Trite
I like it but i don't thing it makes a difference to you know who
I'm not doing this to impress "you know who", I'm doing this to help you see what he was trying to tell you.
You were the one that said you were a kinetic person, so here is something to appeal to that nature.
Honestly, 1up is just trying to help. Harsh criticism is really good in its own right and a lot can be learned from what he has been saying.
The fire looks fairly flat. I suggest adding more contrast on the reds.
Pages: 1 2