The VG Resource

Full Version: Project Null Enemy Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys and gals. So I'm trying to get back into spriting so I revived and old project I was working on with a few friends on another forum. I'm making the enemy sprite for the project, so far I have about 5 enemies designed (all of them but the guy on the left(orange cat/creature)) and 3 very basic animations. All of the animation are just wireframes animated but I'll start cleaning up once I get a few of them done, I find this way is faster and keeps me from bailing on the project. Enjoy.
Enemies
[Image: enemiesrabbity.png]

Animations:
[Image: mushroomhop.gif][Image: frogtongueattack.gif][Image: maneatersnap.gif]

On a side note, 1up. Check your email!!!
The colours are dull and the whole could do with more contrast. I'd suggest some hugh shifting.
I find the designs quite bland, I suggest you take more time in thining of concepts. I'll whisk up an edit:
[Image: mabelmed.png]
I appreciate the edit and the C+C but sadly I can't do much about the color or the design because I didn't make them, they were made by the head of the project but I think I can fix a few things on them. I'm not trying to diss your comment, I hope you get what I mean though. I'll try some of the things you said though.
the colors are dull and the whole thing could use way more contrast. if you can fix it, i suggest you to tell the project leader that his colors are dull and lack contrast so he can fix them.
(07-28-2010, 09:53 AM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, 1up. Check your email!!!
hey guys help me remember my email password i havent used it in forever

and I'm gonna back up chirs here, even if you can't change the designs themselves, you should at least be able to give them some more dynamic poses
I'll try it out and tell him but first let me finish something I'm working on.
(07-28-2010, 11:40 AM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2010, 09:53 AM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, 1up. Check your email!!!
hey guys help me remember my email password i havent used it in forever

Why can't I pm you?

and I'm gonna back up chirs here, even if you can't change the designs themselves, you should at least be able to give them some more dynamic poses
Fuck this desings!!!!!!!!!! This is redesign time!!!!!!!!
mabelma, on a side note, its me or you're just trying really hard to sound/act witty for the sake of doing so
(07-28-2010, 12:01 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]mabelma, on a side note, its me or you're just trying really hard to sound/act witty for the sake of doing so

I'm not trying to sound witty but I guess the last post did sound like that. So sorry about that.
Well I worked on the mushroom's design and colors. As you can see I used Chris' edit as reference.
[Image: mushroomredesing.png]
The eyes are really off-balance with the rest of the sprite. move his eyes to our right a bit.
Better?
[Image: enemiesrabbity.png]
idk if it helps, but here's how I personally think it should look:
[Image: 71711330.png]

keep in mind that my laptop really fucks with colors.
I really like those colors and if it were up to me I'll put bright colors to the sprites but sadly, the story revolves around a swamp and having such bright colors would mess with the feel of the game but I appreciate the edit, maybe I can come up with something using it as a reference.
Two more animation(just wireframes though)
[Image: lizardmenthrustattack.gif][Image: lizardmenslashattack.gif]
The animations seem pretty boring. Try and put more motion into everything.
Added a little more motion to the thrust attack,I felt this one was the most static one. I'm not happy with the frog's tongue attack or the bite but I'm pretty happy with the mushroom's jump and the lizardmen's attack.
[Image: lizardmenthrustattack.gif]
The lizardman's attack was the biggest offender. Much more movement needed in that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4