The VG Resource

Full Version: Halo 3 Elites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long time no see.

To cut the crap, I was looking for Halo 3 sprites (specifically the Elites) for a little game I wanted to make. I couldn't find any, so I made these:
[Image: Elites.png]
I'm relatively pleased with them, but I would like the critique of this community before I finalize.
Thoughts:
-Needs shaded
-Hands look bad
-Running pose needs some work
the whole thing looks decent as a front view, but the sideview sprites just make no sense at all and look really bad. i'd recomend using a good reference of these elites so you'll actually follow their anatomy. as soon as you get to fix that, you should move into shading.
After getting a decent reference, I came up with this:
[Image: Elite1.png]
Which I think is much better.
Thoughts? Critique?
It doesn't match the front facing pose.
Are you saying the arm positions? Because I was just planning for making run n' gun poses there. As far as the color changes go, yes, I need to change those.
post your reference.
whats with the front view hands? make them more relaxed and not stuck like he's holding a gun.
[Image: Elite2.pNg]
Changed the hands like suggested, I suppose it does look a little better, but I think it may also look like this just because their common stature is "battle ready". Anyway... any better?
Also recolored the original to get more to the color I was thinking of when I started.
And did a little shading.

Side view is more difficult than I imagined
its not that hard actually. a good trick when you cant get the shape of something right is to simplify it to a sihoulete and then refine it, and then work over them gradually adding more details as you progress.
[Image: e63ps5.jpg]

and also dont dither. just dont do it.
(07-29-2010, 09:42 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]its not that hard actually. a good trick when you cant get the shape of something right is to simplify it to a sihoulete and then refine it, and then work over them gradually adding more details as you progress.
[Image: e63ps5.jpg]

and also dont dither. just dont do it.

Took your tips, remade the side view pretty much from scratch (except for some of the head and arms) and used yours as a third reference, and came up with this:
[Image: Elite3.pNg]

Good enough to move on to making all the other moving positions or should I focus on this one a little more?
EDIT:
Made the decision myself that they looked pretty good, so I started to work on a final sheet. Look like I'm missing anything important?
[Image: ElitesFinal.png]
I can't see what is happening there, except that the arms are too short. Also, the front facing one has outlines, whereas the side facing ones don't.