The VG Resource

Full Version: I'm probably gonna be gone for awhile.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My computer pretty much crashed on me, and if I want to get on the internet I'm probably going to have to use one from some one else, like I am right now.

Which would probably be hardly at this point. So until then I'll be gone for a bit.
what do you mean by crashed
(07-27-2010, 08:38 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean by crashed

Ended up getting an error screen yesterday, which isn't really uncommon for my PC so I ended up restarted it.

Then once it turned on it gave me a "sorry for the inconvenience" sort of thing then gave me safe mode options and all that shit, I ended up having to select them all and I still was not able to get the thing to start up properly which never happened to me before the last few times I have gotten this sort of thing. So I'm just going to assume my system ether crashed, or the whole motherboard got shot.

ether way, I won't be on here as much as I usually am or not at all until I can fix it up or just fix up the other PC I have (which is a desktop, so that's better then having a shitty laptop ether way.
it's obviously not your mobo since the computer boots
it sounds like something is screwing with your OS
startup repair and system restore doesn't work, correct?

boot up a linux live cd, back up your files, and reformat. that will fix your problem.
I had this happen to me and restored back to a previous state
(07-28-2010, 04:37 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]it's obviously not your mobo since the computer boots
it sounds like something is screwing with your OS
startup repair and system restore doesn't work, correct?

boot up a linux live cd, back up your files, and reformat. that will fix your problem.

yeah, got a point there.

And yeah, the system restore disc I had didn't work. I might be able to get a linux live CD considering the circumstances. I just hope it will be able to load.