The VG Resource

Full Version: Blazblue: Continuum Shift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: bb-cs-logo.png]

If you're a dumb lame butthead and don't pay attention to epic fighting games, you're probably uninformed to the knowledge that Blazblue: Continuum Shift drops tomorrow. It's the sequel to Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, and just like the prequel, it'll be released on the PS3 and the 360.

Let's do a recap of the new shit;
  • Continuum Shift brings back every character from the first Blazblue and updates them with new animations, specials, and even super moves (with the exception of Nu-13, who is removed from the game altogether).
  • There are five new characters confirmed: Hazama, Tsubaki, Lambda-11 (Nu + Balance), Mu-12, and the DLC character Makoto.
  • For new players, there is an all new Training mode that will teach you all of the basics of gameplay, similarly to Street Fighter IV's training mode.
  • The Legion mode from the PSP version of Blazblue: Calamity Trigger makes a return (an strategy-style mode where you build an "army" using the characters you encounter and defeat).
  • Characters will be rebalanced as well as receiving new moves. (Hopefully that fucker Jin will be more balanced :|)
  • Two other DLC characters, Valkenhayn and Platinum Trinity, are "unofficially" confirmed for future DLC, bring the total amount of new characters to a whopping seven.

PICK IT UP TOMORROW AND LET'S PLAY. You'll likely find me online all day (PSN, of course), trying out the new characters and the new moves. It's only $40 (the same price that SSFIV was), so you got nothing to lose!
40 DOLLARS!?... I'm picking this up tomorrow if I can. I THINK I can afford to, I was short on funds because of lost time.

As far as balancing, one thing I heard was balanced about Jin was that instead of having to jiggle the control stick to get unfrozen in the fastest time, you now just unfreeze in the fastest possible time without the joystick movements. THANK GOD.
I have the money...I just don't think spending close to 100bucks on videogames in one week is a proper use for it. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO COME OUT NOW Very Sad<
I'm gonna be SUPER P.O'd if this isn't still on Shelves on Friday. I didn't even know SC 2 and Continuum Shift were on the SAME DAY. FUCK.

Also, Ty am I the only person like the world who finds it odd Jimbei isn't in the game?
(07-27-2010, 12:51 AM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna be SUPER P.O'd if this isn't still on Shelves on Friday. I didn't even know SC 2 and Continuum Shift were on the SAME DAY. FUCK.

Also, Ty am I the only person like the world who finds it odd Jimbei isn't in the game?

For a second I didn't know who you were talking about because I think he's called Jubei in the english version, can't remember.

Anyway, he seems awesome, but a character who will probably be behind the scenes a while, kind of how like in Guilty Gear there was a ton of cool looking characters who didn't do anything. However, he does have appearances in battle. Ever hit anyone with Taokaka's Astral Heat? (... I actually haven't, I've just seen it. xD)
(07-27-2010, 12:57 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2010, 12:51 AM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna be SUPER P.O'd if this isn't still on Shelves on Friday. I didn't even know SC 2 and Continuum Shift were on the SAME DAY. FUCK.

For a second I didn't know who you were talking about because I think he's called Jubei in the english version, can't remember.

Anyway, he seems awesome, but a character who will probably be behind the scenes a while, kind of how like in Guilty Gear there was a ton of cool looking characters who didn't do anything. However, he does have appearances in battle. Ever hit anyone with Taokaka's Astral Heat? (... I actually haven't, I've just seen it. xD)

THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT. Her Astral Heat is fucking DEADLY. That's only because it's Jubei who does all the work. On top of that apparently story wise Jubei is also the one who taught Ragna how to use his powers and how to wield his sword.
Game owns.

Just sayin'.
Fuck I hope my friend got this. I love the first one, and after he sold it I was sad.

Theres also a DS one unrelated to this. Chibi. Pretty lol
Got this yesterday. I was p. happy when Gamestop reps told me "oh yeah we got all our games today". thanks starcraft!!
played some tutorials and i was like "hmm maybe tomorrow" i got heat gauges and astral heats, gravitational pulls and rocket ships or something to learn still. good to know i started off at intermediate instead of beginner, lol
i figured beginner was like "MOVE RAGNA LEFT. OK MOVE RIGHT" so hm yeah.

i still have no idea how to play this game, but i'll totally play you later tyvon!!! please don't own me too hard

actually im down for some blazblue monday. because im goin to otakon and shit

oh and how is hazama i kinda wanna play him. i play taokaka lol, wtf taokaka
I love Taokaka and I wish I could get this game
Hazama is really weird and has a huge learning curve
Tsubaki Corner combos. Peace.
Tsubaki is so easy to play as, omg

All of her special moves combo into each other @_@
Also, I play a really mad Litchi.
UGH! I want this so badly, been watching some vids of it. But eh, FFXIII was worth it in my opinion, I'll give it a few weeks till I can get this really cheap used at gamestop.

Any of you guys play Xbox version? Or are you all on the TyvonPS3 bandwagon? Because I'd love to play with some of you when I get it.
I did, I fucking suck big time so I'll probably be getting FFXIII.
Pages: 1 2