The VG Resource

Full Version: Zoey Drawing [Art]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a sketch of Zoey the main character for Bullet Life.
http://i25.tinypic.com/246rjmg.jpg
[Image: 246rjmg.jpg]

You guys don't mind me anymore right?

Long story short, I'm thinking of making a series of drawing videos, but don't really have a plan.

See here is the vid for this picture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XIh4kBbc7w

So uhh, I want to make sure that I can make stuff that people can find entertaining. I'd like both criticism on my style as well as good ideas for how to make this plan for a series interesting.

Thanks in advanced.
You might want to make the pencil marks into normal black lines because imo I think it would look tons better since you colored it on the computer you might as well ink it on the computer too.
[Image: 33limgp.jpg] [Image: 35hgu4n.jpg]

Blackening the outlines defiantly makes capitalizes the shape, but simultaneously detracts from the form and color.

Edit-- on the other hand adding saturation to the color does reinforce the lacking elements, but also changes the feeling of the picture.
Then don't make them that thick?

If you have a file with the layers in it, open up the layer that just has the sketch in it. Put a new layer on to of it, and in that new layer draw a thiner outline that fits it better.

Plus you don't have to do all of them. Like get rid of the lines in the middle of the hair, the shading should define the hair clumps on their own.
I don't like the ones with the really saturated backgrounds, the contrast between the unsaturated colors of the character, and the high saturation of the background is backwards, usually the character is saturated and the background is faded, otherwise you'll focus on the gradient more than the character.

Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing you'd rather keep the lineart traditional, so I'd advice in some sharpies or something to crisp up the lineart.
@ Drinks, I agree, I also don't like the saturated ones, I just kinda put them out there for the heck of it.

"keep the lineart traditional" Usually when I ink for drawings I use a uni-ball pen, and use sharpie when I ink for animations. Though actually I was aiming away from traditional lineart, hence why I used gray lines instead of black, additionally I didn't shade it traditionally either.

@ KAT, I'll try it out, it's giong to take a bit of time though, I'm not keep at tracing lines with a mouse.