The VG Resource

Full Version: I can't sprite people worth a spit in the dirt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 1eupsg.jpg]
It needs work. What kind of work? Idk, you tell me.

Well, I do know the limbs most likely need work. They seem to always give me the most trouble.
looks fine to me
edit- actually, the outlines of the legs need some AA
other than that it looks good
[Image: 2a99yt3.jpg]
How is that?
i dont think that either the hips or the legs work at all. the whole way she's standing seems really odd to me.
[Image: s41dtk.jpg]
maybe something like this would look more natural and still look in the same mood?
It's probably the legs more than it is the hips. Either way I'll get to work on it later, it's about 4am here and I'm tired.
Personally, I think the size of the legs doesn't matches each other, even taking the stance and perspective in consideration.
[Image: 294tl3t.jpg]
Okay, I fixed up some things, and I'm also trying to design an enemy now...

Uh... Lava lamp squid thing? Idk, It's not finished yet, right now I'm trying to make a design I like. I'm considering making it stand straight up
Lava Lamp enemy reminded me of Slushh, from Sinestro Corp's Yellow Lanterns.
So yeah, the concept looks very promising.
you know, what i mean is that the way the legs are placed should afect the stance and pose of the hips, and it actually doesnt. her bikini looks more like a diaper(even when its clear that its not really a "bikini")
I'm not really sure what you mean.

EDIT- I think I may try for a different pose altogether actually. I just had an idea for one I wan to at least try.
I think he meant the bikini should't look like a rigid cloth triangle.
Take a look at Ayla's sprites from Chrono Trigger to have a better idea as how a bikini should adapt it's shape to fit a character's stances.
[Image: taogh3.jpg]
I wanted to try adding some new legs. Oh, on the original, she's wearing a loin cloth, not a bikini. In the new one in this post she's wearing a bikini/ torn skirt. I think I'll go with the skirt.
I like what you did, as the new leg stance looks more dynamic and fits bests with the Amazon look of the girl.
add an extra pixel on her right heel
[Image: 256e4oo.jpg]
What like that?
Pages: 1 2