The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG Discussion (Formerly; Earthbound or Chrono Trigger?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I feel dumb for posting a second thread, but meh.

I've got a ZSNES, and i'm wondering which game I should play.
Note that i'm halfway done with Chrono.
But, i've never really played Earthbound, the series looks interesting.
it's a shame I already know the horror that is... Giygas.
But, which game? I know they're both very good RPGs, so which?
play earthbound
i personally don't see all the hype (please don't hurt me) but it isn't a bad game by any stretch

to me personally, it's somewhere between decent and good and it has its great moments, but for everyone else it's obviously a classic that shouldn't be missed
I really wouldn't have anything to bite back with... to me, the battle system turned me off.
I'll go ahead and play it. It's.. the sequel to.. which game?
I know Mother 3 is the third, Earthbound's the second, right?
Yes, Earthbound is Mother 2, which is the sequel to Mother aka Earthbound Zero on the NES.
Hmm.
I was not aware of such a game.
Oh, that game. (Thank you baby Jesus for Wikipedia)
When Giygas was Giegue and.. he's like in this bubble with veins on it? That's all I can really remember from it.
I would play earthbound any day over the vast majority of RPG's there are (aside pokemon)

It's a hell lot more original compared to chrono tiger and fucking shitty fantasy if you consider how many mid-evil inspired games there were at the time.
both of them are overrated as hell, hth
(07-23-2010, 09:16 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]both of them are overrated as hell, hth
Explain, my good sir.
uh if you are playing on zsnes... just play one until you get bored of it then play the other???
(07-23-2010, 09:24 PM)pikachu diamonds Wrote: [ -> ]uh if you are playing on zsnes... just play one until you get bored of it then play the other???

Well
I wanted to discuss another topic..
Plus, wanted to see if Earthbound was worth playing
You're going ot hell. you know that don't you.
(07-23-2010, 09:31 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [ -> ]You're going ot hell. you know that don't you.
Ah, InSONICnia. I hope you're living it up in Sprite-Comic Heaven.
if you want to play the best rpg on snes play live-a-live
(07-23-2010, 09:34 PM)JackMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2010, 09:31 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [ -> ]You're going ot hell. you know that don't you.
Ah, InSONICnia. I hope you're living it up in Sprite-Comic Heaven.

InSONICnia is literally the only good sprite comic

also tyvon what is hth explain please
(07-23-2010, 09:14 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]I would play earthbound any day over the vast majority of RPG's there are (aside pokemon)

It's a hell lot more original compared to chrono tiger and fucking shitty fantasy if you consider how many mid-evil inspired games there were at the time.

wh
ff6 is the best rpg on the snes what are you talking about
Everything is over hyped and everything sucks because of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11