The VG Resource

Full Version: Sinkins Spriting Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yao! As a new member here at Spriters-Resource I want to show you people my current skill level in spriting and by doing so I made a sprite that proves my skill. So, by any means please give me feedback on what I should improve at this one and for my skill in spriting. Also, when you are giving me feedback be specific of what I should change. Thanks. Smile

[Image: mariosprite.png][Image: linksprite.png]
Hey, I recognize you... You're from ZFGC, was it? In any case, Welcome to tSR!
About that sprite... I haven't really got any complaints.

All I can say is I hope you'll stay for a while. Smile
Thanks for the greeting! Yeah, I'm from ZFGC, are you a member there and if so under which name? Smile
I'm sorry for the double post, but I want to notify about my new sprite of Link. Feedback?

[Image: linksprite.png]
I gotta say the simplicity is really cool, and it's a neat style to boot.
Interesting works, keep going at it, I say.

Also hi
Thank you! I'll try to keep going as far as I can. Smile
Mario's body seems a little large and un-Mario-like somehow and his eyes are pretty far apart.
(07-23-2010, 10:38 AM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]Mario's body seems a little large and un-Mario-like somehow and his eyes are pretty far apart.

Large in what way? More specific feedback would be good.
His head is usually just slightly bigger than his torso. You've got it reversed. This also gives him less of a Mario feeling and more of a grown-man (with more realistic proportions) in a Mario costume type of feel, if that makes any sense.
Yep, I understand, I'll try to fix it right away.

EDIT: Did a small edit at the eyes and at the body. Any better?

[Image: mariosprite.png]
Pretty nice style seems very RPG-ish, I like Link better since it resembles Minish cap to me in some way, and Mario is too tall
Yeah, Mario is still a bit tall, could make him one or two pixels shorter and redo the head so it's a bit bigger. Anyway, thanks for the good feedback guys! Smile
I'd like to see a walking cycle for link Smile

or adult link
Same here, the link sprite looks really well done, and it looks like it can even be made in a sprite sheet actually.
i'd wait a bit more until we can see more sprites to actually state an opinion
Pages: 1 2 3 4