The VG Resource

Full Version: OMFGSONIC4ISAWESOMEEEEEEE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
No, just kidding.
Which Sonic game sucks the worst? (If you can't choose, go into threes.)

Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Heroes
Sonic '06
Sonic Unleashed (The day levels were good, IMO, but the night levels killed it.)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Or
Sonic and the Black Knight

I'd just like to see how many people hate new age Sega as much as I do.

Personally, up there, (Since i haven't played '06) my most hated is Heroes,
because, well, it was Heroes.
we have been thru this, several times, on several threads. and for the sake of following your elaborated argument, i hate them all because well, they're <insert name here>

although you should add "sonic shuffle" wich most people tend to omit for unespefic reasons(?)

(inb4 rokkan's wall of text)
It's that Dreamcast game that was Sega's answer to Mario Party, right? I'll put that in, too. Sounds terrible as it is.
Anyways, SEGA stopped being SEGA after SAB2.
Sonic heroes was acceptable at some parts, though.
(07-23-2010, 02:59 AM)Lexou Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, SEGA stopped being SEGA after SAB2.
Sonic heroes was acceptable at some parts, though.

That is very, very true. Well said.

I liked SAB2, personally. But I haven't played it in a decade or so, so I really can't judge.

Heroes wasn't trash, the stages were creative, and admittedly, so was the gameplay system of three (Which would've been better if they had improved on it more.)
The story, I liked. But i'm a sucker for anything involving Metal Sonic.
I wish they used him more.
But, again, I haven't played that one in about a decade either, so I can't really judge that one either. I'm going on memory here.
I never touched a 'new age SEGA' Sonic game.

and I'm thankful for that.
I played Sonic Unleashed at my cousins house a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it.

That being said, I used his data and the stage select so I didn't have to play as that damn werehog.

Sonic '06 wasn't actually that bad. The problem was that it didn't really feel like a Sonic game, it was really quite slow in a lot of places, and was just flat-out tedious for most of it. It's not that it was a bad game, it just wasn't worth notice, where Sonic games of that style (SA & SA2) previously had been awesome.
I've not played a Sonic game I've not liked. But then I've not played all Sonic games; but since when was that a requirement for enjoying the games you already own?
I'll be playing the new Sonic Colours games on Wii and DS, as well as Sonic 4 in a couple weeks. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
the only games I can't really put my opinion on are sonic unleashed and sonic 06 (Although, I'll take everyone's word that 06 sucked dick)

Sonic and the secret rings could have been alright if everything wasn't so god damn straight forward in the level design. and the controls were kind of sketchy once you got used to them. I'm not even gonna go into The black knight.

Heroes was decent at best, the character trio could have been improved in some places. And shadow the hedgehog could have been better if it didn't have sonic characters in it at all.

as for the other useless spin-offs that involve racing or a dumb RPG, well, lets not go into that.
Besides a few of the recent 2d ones, I really just can't find myself liking any of the newer Sonic games. Its like they keep changing the gameplay style over and over without trying to polish up what they had. As with most people, the last 3d games I really enjoyed were the adventure games and heroes. I think I just really stopped caring though after trying out Sonic 06's bastardization of the Sonic Adventure styled gameplay.
The worst of the worst are heroes and chronicles

shadow and secret rings are bad

sonic 06 is actually half decent, and at certain points i can actually say i like it (though most of the entertainment i get is from laughing at how bad it is. In other words, the game fits into the "so bad it's good" category, like a B-movie or whatever.)

unleashed (360 version) is good but not great - my brother owned the wiis2 version, and he said it sucked.

i've never played shuffle or black knight.
Personally, I thought the story to 06 was creative, but it was rushed, and they put Elise in there.
If they could've just had Elise be some kinda diamond or something that broke instead of cry, (With no bestiality involved) 06 could've been good in my book.
But, again. Haven't played it. I thought the Iblis Trigger thing was creative.
But yeah. Heroes sucked.
I can't remember well, were there different endings for different teams? Or was there just one final ending?
(07-23-2010, 07:37 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]I played Sonic Unleashed at my cousins house a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it.

That being said, I used his data and the stage select so I didn't have to play as that damn werehog.

Sonic '06 wasn't actually that bad. The problem was that it didn't really feel like a Sonic game, it was really quite slow in a lot of places, and was just flat-out tedious for most of it. It's not that it was a bad game, it just wasn't worth notice, where Sonic games of that style (SA & SA2) previously had been awesome.

After SAB2, the series hit the fan. I thought the stories to both games, SAB1 and 2 were awesome, it was back when you could level with Shadow.
But they kinda killed his character with Shadow the Hedgehog.
I never got far enough on 1 to battle chaos, but that was a cool character.
Only problem is, they really can't bring him back without ruining his character.
I think, they should quit making new characters, and... stick with a cast of about 10. Or below. 10's the highest.
Anyone second that?
sonic shuffle is fucking awesome, fuck you guys.

here let me tell you sissy nerd bitches why sonic shuffle is 'omitted' from the worst sonic game listss:

because it's fuckign GREAT thats why you virgins
(07-23-2010, 01:41 PM)JackMan Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I thought the story to 06 was creative, but it was rushed, and they put Elise in there.
If they could've just had Elise be some kinda diamond or something that broke instead of cry, (With no bestiality involved) 06 could've been good in my book.
But, again. Haven't played it. I thought the Iblis Trigger thing was creative.
But yeah. Heroes sucked.
I can't remember well, were there different endings for different teams? Or was there just one final ending?
(07-23-2010, 07:37 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]I played Sonic Unleashed at my cousins house a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it.

After SAB2, the series hit the fan. I thought the stories to both games, SAB1 and 2 were awesome, it was back when you could level with Shadow.
But they kinda killed his character with Shadow the Hedgehog.
I never got far enough on 1 to battle chaos, but that was a cool character.
Only problem is, they really can't bring him back without ruining his character.
I think, they should quit making new characters, and... stick with a cast of about 10. Or below. 10's the highest.
Anyone second that?
everyone agrees with this, though that part about the character amount is debatable
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6