The VG Resource

Full Version: Dragon Quest IX - Backgrounds and GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These first two are just from the very beginning of the game so expect more soon.

If there is any requests for specific parts of the GUI or Backgrounds (menu backgrounds ), let me now and I'll do those first.

I might even do some other parts depending on how much time I have.

Enjoy.

DQ IX for Nintendo DS

That GUI's somewhat imperfect. The icon pertaining to your character status changes with your Class; and some of the graphics are resized/subpixelled by whatever emulatory you've been running it on.
(07-22-2010, 09:14 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]That GUI's somewhat imperfect. The icon pertaining to your character status changes with your Class; and some of the graphics are resized/subpixelled by whatever emulatory you've been running it on.

I know that the three phrases on the left top side were resized, but I included the originals. Everything else was supposedly 1:1 ratio. Doesn't Nintendo DS have two different size screen outputs now, also? Well they could still find a home in the custom sprites section maybe.
Uh, no. Ripping a sheet from a game (on any console) properly means ripping the game at its native resolution. All of the resized menu items and the equipment menu background are ripped incorrectly. Furthermore, there are just so many maps in the game, ripping a single floor of the Observatory is pretty much pointless on its own.
I apologize then. I figured the game ran at the normal resolution for a NDS game. I used the same method with another submission and it was fine. Also, the resized items shouldn't have been included, I know that now.

Quote:All of the resized menu items and the equipment menu background are ripped incorrectly

Nah, the equipment menu is comprised of multiple layers which when they exist are usually kept seperate but near eachother as I've seen on this and other sites. Again, the resized menu items are indeed incorrect.

Quote:ripping a single floor of the Observatory is pretty much pointless on its own.

I had it included to show the size of a default map. Plenty of rips on this site include sample text/images for GUI and then show it blank so that people can see the size relation of items.

Anyway, like I said you can put it under custom sprites or not use them or whatever, it's completely fine. There's no reason for us to get into an argument in this thread, it's not a big deal.

I do appreciate the drive for perfection though, it made this a quality source for sprite rips.
So wait, is this SDB Grim Or some other guy named Grim?
Other Grim.
Oh. Damn. That's gonna screw with SDB Grim's submission page.
If you don't mind, Grim, I'm doing to name you GrimDotGames on the site, per your tag. We have a Grim already, so I have to mix it up. Tongue
Haha, no problem. ;p