The VG Resource

Full Version: About the infamous "thread glitch."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, let me just set this straight here.

The "thread glitch" that a couple members are experiencing, I assume, is when the user posts and the post is on the next page, but does not show up until somebody else posts. The post still exists in the page, it just doesn't show up. I COULD BE WRONG. I don't know, because I don't have this problem, and neither does any of the moderation or administration.

This is a legitimate problem with the forums and has been reported countless times.

However, this does not grant you permission to post "thread glitch omg..." every single time you encounter the problem.
We know it exists.
If we could have had it fixed by now, we would have. But obviously we haven't been able to do anything about it, so forcing everybody to hear you whining about the thread glitch does nothing but serve to piss off the moderation and the many other people that aren't encountering the glitch.

So, please, stop talking about it. We obviously can't fix it at this time, whining about it will solve nothing. If you have a solution, we'd love to hear it. If all you have to say is "lol thread glitch," don't get mad when you start getting warned for it.

ty and good night
"I don't know, because I don't have this problem, and neither does any of the moderation or administration."

"We know it exists."

wh

But seriously, yes, it's a real problem, since I got those a couple times. Though I agree about that 'threadglitch omg' part.

I have one question about this: can we still make doubleposts in some threads to get over the problem, but without complaining about it?
(07-21-2010, 07:04 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]"I don't know, because I don't have this problem, and neither does any of the moderation or administration."

"We know it exists."

wh
...And? How does neither of us having the problem affect whether or not we know it exists?

As for double posting, if you can do it without being completely obnoxious about it, or finding some kind of way to weasel it in there, that's fine. I'm just personally sick and tired of people treating this thread glitch thing like it's the end of the fucking world.
yes, I was just joking in the first part of the post Shy

also, fair enough. I made some of those 'threadglitch' posts, but yes, I was getting tired of seeing them. Do you know the reason it happens, though? It never happened to me outside the Lounge. Does it have to do with the thread's size?
I have no idea-- it could be either the thread size, or maybe the amount of posts being displayed per page, or maybe it could be something completely different.
I have my post display set at 25 and I didn't have problems in any minor threads. When I make the 26th post in a small thread, the system refreshes and puts my post in a new page, as usual. But when I make the 26th post in a big thread like the Lounge, the system doesn't refresh and takes me to the Groan Zone section. My post is there, but as you said, it doesn't appear until someone else (or me) posts. I think that the new page only appears when there's more than one post.

I don't know how forum coding work, so this is all I can say. I'll give more info if it happens to me again.
If someone double posts, and then deletes there second post, will the invisible post then show up?

(also who is the woman with the big melons?)
this is an interesting idea, will try that too.
I only get "thread glitch" in rather large topics
Only in Happy/Unhappy/tSR Lounge threads
(07-21-2010, 07:32 AM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]If someone double posts, and then deletes there second post, will the invisible post then show up?

(also who is the woman with the big melons?)

No, it doesn't work. I've tried it.

crossposting this from the unhappy thread
Quote:also lunyka, that's complete bullshit and you know it
you're literally the only person on the entire forum that has a problem with it
not to mention that my last post was a completely valid reply to the post before it, and I simply tacked it onto the end
just because you don't get it doesn't mean that the 20+ people who do can't discuss it, moderator or not
it's a legitimate problem that appears in certain threads, most commonly this one and the lounge; on that note, making the second post on the page fixes the problem
with that being said, how does fixing a problem that obviously more than one person gets considered spam
it only takes one post to fix the problem. it's not like we're filling entire pages with "LOL THREADGLITCH, HEH"

question: is making a valid reply to a post followed by threadglitch (as I did in the unhappy topic) considered spam
Obviously not in that situation - we're all just sick of hearing about it all the time. :/
It seems to only happen in threads with 100+ pages. just pointing this out.
Okay so I noticed the "threadglitch" was happening in the Not Happy thread just now and clicked reply to see the missing post under the reply box without posting and there was two posts there. I went back to the thread to see if somebody had posted making the first post viewable but instead the next page still wasn't there and both posts weren't there. :/
How about closing those big threads and creating a new one then? This should address the problem (just don't lock the Lounge for obvious reasons. Also it's not a serious thread so doubleposting there shouldn't be a problem)
Pages: 1 2