The VG Resource

Full Version: 1337
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the release of the new XNA 3.0 drawing closer, I have decided to create sprites for a game I want to program.
The story:
In a stereotypically cliche dark forest, an evil mind is at work. After much studying, Greg the sick and twisted inventor has come to the conclusion that Humans are obsolete, as they are crippled by emotions and divided by individuality. Greg only saw it as logical to replace Humans with emotionless androids with perfect unifomity. With an army of 1336 of his new metallic minions, Greg led an attack on a nearby city. The city was easily demolished, but a resistance force rose. A saboteur from the resistance force snuck into Greg's evil laboratory and planted a chip on one of the newly created androids of the second army. This chip gave the android free-will, emotions and most importantly, the ability to tell right from wrong. This android was named A-1337, and had figured that what Greg was doing was evil, so now he must put an end to Greg's dark scheme and save the world.

The sprites:
A-1337 - [Image: 1337talksb4.gif] - The hero of the game
Mole Switch - [Image: moleswitch2xm4.gif] - These enemy switches usually guard secret doors
Spectre - [Image: spectretestnq3.gif] - Possesed spirits of the resistance force members that died
Looks cool!
But the Spectre's "tail" bugs me...
The robot's body looks like Bender. Aside from that, I think you should divide the arm from the body. It looks like something growing out of it rather than added on as it is now.
are you really planning on making this a game? i like the story, reminds me of i-robot ^_o. pretty nice sprites, too.
Well, actually, I kinda put this game off until around Sept. 23, when the XNA contest is over. I have no hope of finishing this game in that time frame.