The VG Resource

Full Version: Your Favourite Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This place is moving a little slowly today so lets get a thread everyone can enjoy going.

1. What is your favourite game of all time?

2.Why?

3. Anything else come close?

4. Your most hated game :>

Not going to add fav console 'cos you know how the fanboys can get.

Go.
Best: Mother 3
Worst: Shrek Extra Large
Best: Sonic 1
Close: MGS1, Zelda OoT, Sonic 3&K, SMB1
Worst: Pac-Man and E.T. for the 2600
i'll go.

Best: Majora's Mask

Why: Becuase it's zelda which is great, Only it's different to the rest and has more depth.

Close: Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, Mario64

Hated: Dunno, probably Sonic Heroes.
I really don't know, but i'd probably have to say Fable (as soon as fable 2 comes out expect that to change)
2.Why?
It's just great, I don't know, a brilliant RPG
Call of Duty 4, God of War: Chains of Olympus
Either Sonic Heroes or Sonic 06

I'm a next gen gamer, the first games i played were on an xbox.
Favorite Games: 2D Sonic Side Scrollers games (Except Sonic Genesis GBA)

Why: I grew up with Sonic games as a kid. There were other great games I grew up with too, but Sonic has been the only franchise to make it this far.

Anything Come Close: Pokemon series, Wario Ware games, Kirby series, Smash Brothers series.

Most Hated: The Metal Gear Solid series (I don't care what anyone says)
Quote:Favorite Game: 2D Sonic Side Scrollers games
HANG ON
SOMETHING MAY NOT BE RIGHT HERE
Geeze, grammer freak anyone? Fine, fixed.
1. What are your favorite games of all time?
Final Fantasy 9, Pokemon G/S(Honestly, who didn't think I'd say it?)

2.Why?
FF9:I just felt like I could relate to a few of the characters, and I loved the Story.
PKMN G/S: It was the first sequel to the original Pokemon games, brought back the original Kanto(even though the Leaders were kind of weak), and this game brought on my first 'trend breaking' experience(Since it got 'lame' after the R/B/Y, or that's at least what everyone said)Plus it made me the Pokemon Freak you all know today =P

No More Heroes, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts, Brawl

4. Your most hated games :>
Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy X-2, Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Colosseum(XD was surprisingly way better), Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, A lot of other games I shouldn't have wasted my money on

So, obviously I'm a Nintendo Fanboy, but I don't limit myself to JUST Nintendo, I do have a 360, and I'm thinking about a PS3(waaay down the road, when I have money and a steady job)
I've enjoyed a tonne of different games but I'd never be able to pick a favourite
Mario Kart DS

2.Why?
It's Mario Kart in it's purest, most fun form. It had a number of selectable karts that could be used with any character, which is a brilliant feature. It had a lot of fun new tracks. It had Wi-Fi. Not very good wi-fi, but it was a start! Plus it's pure Mario Kart on the go. A lot of fun and a pure joy to play.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are both right up there. Brawl is simply astounding and a total fanboy pleaser. And MKWii is a pure Mario Kart experience that's only real hinderence is the fact that the karts can't be selected by everybody like MKDS.

This is a hard one. I'd say Monsters Inc Scream Arena is really bad. I bought it for my brother for christmas one year and man, is it horrible. Not only did we beat it in 30 minutes. The controls are awful, the graphics and frame rate suck and everything about it isn't fun. Not even characters from a movie like Monsters Inc can save it.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles

2.Why?
It was like infinitely replayable and fun as hell. I still play through it every once in a while. It was like the only game I ever played while I was young.

Halo: Combat Evolved, just a fantastic SP, with the best Multiplayer system that I have ever played. It was incredibly competitive and please casuals, too. It took skill to win. Something Bungie left out of Halo 2 and did not put enough in Halo 3.

Not really most hated, but I think CoD4 is incredibly overrated. The SP was good, but the MP gets stale after the charm of the leveling system leaves. The game just has like no learning curve.
Being overrated doesn't make it a bad game, it's an incredibly good game.
Super Mario World

2.Why?
Dunno, know everything about it except the people who made it.

Smash Bros 64, Super Maro 64, Glover, Sonic 3 & Knuckles

4. Your most hated game?
Megaman 64
It's still MegaMan Battle Network 3.

2.Why?
The second MegaMan game I've ever played (the first was BN2. Screw your platforming bullshit). The prefect balance of action, RPG, and heavy customisaton; and one of the best RPGs on the GBA. No, Golden Sun is not the best, don't be stupid.

I'm hard gay for The World Ends With You. Like MMBN, it mixes a modern setting with addictive customisation gameplay, and a great soundtrack. Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC is the best monster battler I've ever played. I can't decide if I like Paper Mario 2 or Superstar Saga more, so they have a tied placing in my heart. The other Mario RPGs are ehhhh, though.

4. Your most hated game
Hitman Blood Money. In its desperate attempts to be edgy and avantgarde, it completely forgot to make the controls useable and the gameplay non-fustrating. The settings don't count for shit if you can barely interact with them without glitches or being caught; and I've seen 4 different copies (fortunately none of them were my copy - not that it makes much differene) that outright crash on a regular basis. Bullshit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4