The VG Resource

Full Version: Monster Hunter, Inuyahsa, cutomes...ect.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided I'd post a few things here to see what people think of them.
I'll be honest...I probably wont edit them anymore, but I'd still like to hear what people think of them.
All of theses are months old, but since I may decide to start making new stuff again I'd like some feedback as Im certain there are things to improve.

[Image: DosuJagii.gif][Image: Khezu.gif]
[Image: Rathalos2.gif][Image: Rathian.gif]
[Image: ShenGaoren.gif][Image: Siegmund.gif]

[Image: FullHollowIchigo-1.gif]
[Image: NarakuCompleted.gif][Image: NarakuFusionForm.gif]
[Image: Goshinki.gif][Image: GoshinkiCrouchStance.gif]

[Image: Portriat.jpg][Image: MyOriginalCharacter.gif][Image: PsychoticMariksWorm.gif]
[Image: PsychoticMariksEgg.gif][Image: blerg.gif]
[Image: blarg.gif]
Do you know what a lightsource is?

answer: no
you don't
you also seem to be really struggling to understand that contrast between your shades is a GOOD thing
And another thing!!!!!!!(woah that's 3 things)
(07-18-2010, 06:25 PM)PsychoticMarik Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be honest...I probably wont edit them anymore, but I'd still like to hear what people think of them.
Don't post your work here if you're not looking for critique to improve your work with, that's completely against the point of this forum and almost proves that you're here for nothing but ass kissing and dick stroking.
Quote:Do you know what a lightsource is?

answer: no you don't

Noted.

Quote:Don't post your work here if you're not looking for critique to improve your work with, that's completely against the point of this forum and almost proves that you're here for nothing but ass kissing and dick stroking.

I am looking for critique. Just because Im not exactly planning on editing these exact sprites doesnt mean feedback on them cant help for something else. Thats why I said this. "All of theses are months old, but since I may decide to start making new stuff again I'd like some feedback as Im certain there are things to improve." Was meant to imply that I will apply feedback on these sprites as a general thing to apply to anything I may make later. Since I made them all its a good assumption to think that the same mistakes carried over to all of them, and thats what I would keep my eye out for when making new things. If I were looking to stroke my E peen this isnt the forum I would post them on.
I really wish I had something to say about that other than "welp"

but I don't
good answer
And since we're on the subject, asking for critique on Sprite A and trying to apply it to Sprite B is never a great idea, it's always best to simply work on the new one and post that one here for advice more directly aimed toward that one
Quote:And since we're on the subject, asking for critique on Sprite A and trying to apply it to Sprite B is never a great idea, it's always best to simply work on the new one and post that one here for advice more directly aimed toward that one

Good point.
Suppose it is a bit foolish to think feedback for sprite A might make a significant difference in sprite B, but the light source comment is something, so even if that's all I get out of this its better than nothing.

Appreciate the comments nonetheless.
Shading is just....awful
I can't tell where the sourlight is at all, and some of the human poses need more work.
Quote:Shading is just....awful
I can't tell where the sourlight is at all, and some of the human poses need more work.

Considering I've never noticed the source light problem before says a lot to me.
I'll have to be sure I really pay attention to that or else I may as well stop making sprites. As for human poses I assume your talking about Naraku.
The smaller sprite of him is actually just an edit. I took a sprite of his stance from the game and edited the clothing and bones, so his position is the same. If your talking about the blob form than your probably right.
People are something I simply cant do, so its of no surprise to me if they look bad.
I appreciate the comment tho.
No problem, but I have to agree with 1Up or Track Eleven, getting critiques from sprites just help you in a certain level, but re-working
on those mistakes show more improvement, and that helps for further sprite actions as you already said.
At least try to apply this comments for better work.
its been said then.

on a personal opinion, they're just that awful i'd just skip them all. shading is non existant, pillowshading is abundant, and most of them seems to use large sizes to compensate the terrible desings.
Quote:No problem, but I have to agree with 1Up or Track Eleven, getting critiques from sprites just help you in a certain level, but re-working
on those mistakes show more improvement, and that helps for further sprite actions as you already said.
At least try to apply this comments for better work.

If I decide to make anything else in the future I'll be sure to seriously study lightsource as I seem to have a serious issue with it.

Quote:on a personal opinion, they're just that awful i'd just skip them all. shading is non existant, pillowshading is abundant, and most of them seems to use large sizes to compensate the terrible desings.

Heh, I knew these werent great but I didnt know they were so terrible either. It really is a eye opener.
Could you explain what you mean by terrible designs tho? Shading aside I'm not sure what you mean.
they all rely on somethign as basic as "the more spikes i can fit into a monster, the more agressive it will look".

they all look bland also cause of the poor shading that makes them all look like drawn with crayons, killing any intimidating mood these creatures could have. seems like you have a fetish for exposed organs and all sorts of tentacles, wich would explain how everything looks exactly the same.

you just dont know how the shade stuff at all. just go ahead and study some shading tutorials, study other sprites and when you feel like asking for feedback on a piece you're making, go ahead and post it here. for now, and expecting this to be extremely redundant since nothing of what you have posted so far is going to be changed, i'm closing this.