The VG Resource

Full Version: Soul Pixel Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was working on a pixel over of soul but i dont know if i want to continue. but i did put a lot of time in to it so i thought i would share.
[Image: soulpixeloverkyleglor.png]
I know its not that great but it was my first attempt at a pixel over.
I would like to know what you think Smile
It's a trace, there isn't really much to comment on...
you can at least shade it your own way. :l
(07-17-2010, 11:01 AM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]you can at least shade it your own way. :l

this is pretty much the only good thing about traces and pixel-overs.

OP, if you really want to get better at pixel-art, you should try to at least make your own sprite from scratch. Just sayin
Thanks for helping me decide to stay away from pixel overs cas i obviously dont know what it takes but i guess ill stick with ripping sprites. Nice avatar btw
[Image: souledit.png]

not a glorious edit but just showing that you can at least try to add your own shading and colours :V
(07-17-2010, 11:13 AM)Kyleglor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for helping me decide to stay away from pixel overs cas i obviously dont know what it takes but i guess ill stick with ripping sprites. Nice avatar btw

wasn't saying that, but I was saying that if you did want to improve you could at least try from scratch.

if you decide to do stuff like this stick with what shawn said
i thought he meant soul silver
so when the page loaded and it was soul eater i ffffffff
Quote:Thanks for helping me decide to stay away from pixel overs cas i obviously dont know what it takes but i guess ill stick with ripping sprites. Nice avatar btw
well, hey, don't necessarily say that; I wouldn't say do it often, but every now and then - provided you're either: a.) specifically examing the way things work, or b.) shading it yourself with your own colors, to try and understand how coloring and shade works within the context of line-art, then it could be a decent learning experience. particularly if you're not really that good at spriting or pixel art just yet.
Some aa here and there wouldn't be bad either. Spend more time experimenting on this. Maybe with the aa you can give some of the line. some line weight like in the original drawing.