The VG Resource

Full Version: Easiest way to rip sprites from Spriters-Resource?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I easiest get perfect size to be able to use in Game Maker? Such as setting the sprites on the background 32/32 apart each if possible. MS Paint etc.
I suggested using a standard sheet organization format a while back.

Though the amount of work involved in changing every sheet would be too much.
wouldnt a simple checkboard pattern where each sprite would be placed would be the best/simplest way?
That's what I suggested.

and getting sprites to fit in a checkerboard pattern isn't always easy, as you also have to align them to animate properly. Generally they come in a format sort-of like that when ripped from OAM, but most rippers put them on the sheet wherever.
well, guess that would be a rather courtesy of the ripper to even fit each sprite into an organized sheet. doubt that most people rip these with the intention of them being used for games and such.
People do use sprites from spriters-resource in games though.
and also as a reference when spriting too, but thats not the point. all in all, its not the ripper's duty to organize said sheets since said sheets's purpose was never to be specifically used as game resources.