The VG Resource

Full Version: Dr. Robotnik/Eggman in Super Mario Kart WIP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, after having seen a SMK Sonic, I've made a WIP for a SMK Dr. Eggman.
It comes in three modes: Genesis, Adventures of Sonic and Modern.
I'd want a bit of criticism to see how can I improve it before I make a 360 degree sheet.
[Image: robotnikkart.png]
Thanks ^^.
Like it says in the sheet, Racoon Sam ripped the Bowser which I edited into Robotnik and NICKtendo DS made the Koopa Clown Car turned into Eggman's flying machine.
I love how you admitted this was an edit
now all you need to do is make it less like bowser or do something from scratch
Yeah, I've got custom things in mind.
How could I make it look "less like bowser".
I mostly used it for the arms, but I modified them a bit.
What should I do?
It doesn't look much like Bowser at all. What are you talking about?
I think it looks fine to me. Also, I think it looks nothing like Bowser, other than the fact that they both have arms of the same thickness.
You mean me or Diogalesu?
It's heavily edited from the Bowser in the left, and I was only answering Diogalesu's comment.
I meant that your Dr. Robotnik sprites look nothing like Bowser.
Oh, sorry, I hadn't seen your comment when I posted it, I was referring to Tonberry2k's.
About the thickness, do you think it's good this way or should I make them smaller?
It's good. It helps with readability and it gives a stylized feel to the sprite. Cartoonish ish good Big Grin
Thanks. I'll try to make a few more poses tomorrow.
Maybe it could be done like in NES Mega Man games, make the car and the character in different layers, since, separately, none of them is bigger than 32x32.
I like the left most Robotnik the most, but his ship is bothering me i feel you should round it out more. though it could just be those side lights that are making it look less round? idk something about his ship is off to me other wise i really like the direction of the left most one, the middle and right need some work imo
Well, the ship is more rounded than the original Koopa Clown Car (left) and the side lights are, in fact, two arrows, but they appear to be lights when looked from this point of view.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis...sheet/8869
Heres an example of what it is supposed to look like, but I've decided not to include the glass to make Robonik more visible.
What do you think I need to fix in the right ones?
remove that line on his moustache. and all the random pixels around it. and actually shade that like a sphere, just like the exact example you got next to it.
Something like this?
[Image: robotnikkart.png]
Pages: 1 2