The VG Resource

Full Version: My First Rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new here, and wish to give a sample of my work. Here is a M.U.G.E.N character named Chise (from an anime called Saikano) I tried to make it complete as possible.
[Image: chise-sheet.png]

Tell me what you think
(I attached it as well in case the URL doesn't work)
wow this is really nice.
Especially for a first rip.

Good work!
It's nice, but M.U.G.E.N. rips can't be accepted.
Thanks ~BRICKLIN~ I'll note that for future work. ^^ anyway this is a sample of what I can do, not a submission.
~BRICKLIN~ Wrote:It's nice, but M.U.G.E.N. rips can't be accepted.

Why not?
Tonberry2k Wrote:
~BRICKLIN~ Wrote:It's nice, but M.U.G.E.N. rips can't be accepted.
Why not?
Because if you rip from a MUGEN character, what you're doing is ripping sprites that have already been pre-ripped. And, if a character is handdrawn/edited, like that Chise is (it's Minoo's), you could probably get in trouble...
Hrm, ok.
Eh? Wait, what is M.U.G.E.N.?
thanks for the reviews of my sample, I've learned some things:
1. don't rip mugen
2. don't rip hand-drawn creations

A noob must learn!

My mugen rips are mostly for hobby. . . I'll be sure to submit only things ripped from ACTUAL games.
Well cool. You seem like a pretty awesome guy so far, so I can't wait to see some more rips from you.
Wait mugen sprites aren't allowed in general or is it the game that the particular character came from that it can't be used? I ask this because I had ripped Aoko from Melty Blood And Dazz accepted the sheet without issue.
I asked Dazz not too long ago and he said we could accept them. I guess we should come to a consensus. I'll start a topic with a poll. Tongue
Miles07 Wrote:Eh? Wait, what is M.U.G.E.N.?
Gonna quote what I said from quite a while ago...
Random Talking Bush Wrote:
SuperKirby Wrote:What does MUGEN mean.
MUGEN is a fighting game engine developed by Elecbyte. MUGEN could also stand for "Limitless", since there's literally an unlimited amount of possibilities for it. For example...

[Image: MUGENTomo-DoubleFlyingKick.png]
Tomo Takino vs. Fei-Long? That never happened in Street Fighter.