The VG Resource

Full Version: GBA Emulator w/ Ability to change BG Color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if anyone knows about this, but there is an emulator called VisualBoy Advance-M. It is very similar to the normal VisualBoy Advance, but if you go to the Palette Viewer, you'll discover that you can change the color of the background! I only recently discovered it myself, and am in the process of ripping all sprites from X-Men: The Official Game that aren't already on TSR. If anyone has trouble ripping sprites because of that pesky black background, this is the emulator for you! Just Google it, download, unzip (if needed), set your own settings, and rip away!

I hope this helped a lot of rippers. Smile
I'd like to thank this post 5 times, but I can't.
I'm going to remember this next time, thx!
Hallelujah indeed.
Great. it keeps staying black.Exactly how do you swap the pallet? did I miss anything? I keep changing the BG, clicking one of the colors on the pallete trying to change it but it doesn't work.
Click on the color that you want to change, click on "Change Backdrop Color," and either click one of the preset colors or customize it.
I think I remember there being a cheat that you could input that would force the palette's transparency colour to be a certain shade, but I don't remember what it was. Either way, if VBA-M works well, then others should use it. Smile
Yeah, just like RTB noted, you can changed palette colors in VBA anyways using cheat codes. I did that when I ripped Lufia ROL stuff. Had to find out how to do it myself, though...
But there you go:

050000XX:YYYY
XX: Palette slot; YYYY: Color

For example: 05000000:5AA2 changes the first color of the first palette (which is the transparent one) of background colors to some kind of red. 05000020:5AA2 would change the transparency of the second palette. Et cetera. Every 20 (hex!) bytes the next palette starts. Cute