The VG Resource

Full Version: Various Sierra Adventures Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo.

I've decided to rip some sprites from old Sierra PC Adventure Games due to the fact that I haven't found any on TSR. I haven't got a whole lot done, but I have a nice little pile of sheets that I'd figure I'd submit.

Enjoy.

[Image: lb2ICON.png]
[Image: lb2lauracivcompileICON.png][Image: lb2cbcompileICON.png]

[Image: KQ6ICON.png]
[Image: portraitscompileICON.png][Image: fontscompileICON.png]

[Image: sq4ICON.png]
[Image: sq4portraitsICON.png][Image: inventoryitemscompileICON.png]

More to come. Eventually.

EDIT: The larger sheets are being dumb right now so I'm just gonna post them as attachments until I can fix them.

EDIT AGAIN: Fix'd. Yay. Just remember to click on the image to zoom it to 100%
That's just plain awesome! How did you do that? Do you plan on doing some other games, like Gabriel Knight?
I used a program called SCI Studio with a VGA addon that allows me to open the resource file of any Sierra game that runs on the SCI (typing) or VGA (point and click) systems and extract any image or sound I want. From there, I just scrolled down the list, extracting any image I wanted for the sheet (Portraits for example), and then compiled them into one magical .png file.

Sadly, I can't do Gabriel Knight, since I don't own the game. I do however own every game in the King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, and Laura Bow series's. I also have the first Leisure Suit Larry game, the VGA remake, so expect more sprites from those series's.

Oh, and there's a couple other games that run on the SCI/VGA systems, like Jones in the Fast Lane, that I have. It doesn't wanna seem to work with SCI Studio at the moment now. I need to fiddle with it and try and make it work.

EDIT: I saw my stuff up on the TSR website (yay!), but you should change the Laura, KQ6 Fonts, and both Portraits to the new links, seeing how Photobucket made them all sucky and anti-alias-y. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Well, I do own Gabriel Knight but I don't have it with me right now, I might try it later, thanks!

Oh, alright! On it
You can change your photobucket to don't resize if the image is under 1MB or under certain dimensions, you just got to fiddle with it
Thanks Genki ^_^ Sorry they got screwy.

I also finished two more sheets from Space Quest IV that I figured I'd post seeing how I'm probably gonna be too lazy to do any more tonight.

[Image: sequelpolicecompileicon.png][Image: xenonhostilesicon.png]

And lastly here is the program I used to rip these sprites for if you decide to do Gabriel Knight. It's kinda crash prone at times, but it gets the job done.

EDIT: Sure am doing alot of editing lately. Images must hate me 'cause the icons won't appear now, so here are the direct links to the icons:

Sequel Police Icon
Xenon Hostiles Icon
It's because you're not linking directly to the images XP
Just look:

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/sequelpolicecompile.png/ -> Your link
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2025/se...ompile.png -> Direct

Both up
ILU for ripping Laura Bow sprites! I played those games not too long ago and loved them. Keep up the good work. 8D
(07-15-2010, 07:19 AM)Shoda Wrote: [ -> ]ILU for ripping Laura Bow sprites! I played those games not too long ago and loved them. Keep up the good work. 8D

Well, then here's three more reasons for you to love me Wink

[Image: countesscompileICON.png][Image: mrxcompileICON.png][Image: tutcompileICON.png]

(I'm 99.9% sure I fixed my resizing issues with Photobucket.)
Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it guys? I finally got around to ripping some more stuff so I figured I'd revive this thread rather then make a new one.

I was in a King's Quest VII mood for this batch, so most of the stuff is from there. Well, the demo actually. It had some interesting stuff that wasn't in the full game. I was gonna rip the jackalope, but his sprites were almost identical to the final game's, and I was getting tired.

[Image: kq7demicon.png]
[Image: valaniceicon.png][Image: kraticon.png][Image: scorpionicon.png][Image: bgsicon.png][Image: miscicon.png]

Oh, and there's this that has been sitting on my hard drive for awhile.

[Image: sq1vgaicon.png]
[Image: rogclassiccompileicon.png]

Well, that's it for this batch. I plan on ripping some more KQVII stuff and finishing up Roger's SQIVGA outfits, so hopefully those will be out soon.
I know the feeling. I actually managed to rip some stuff from Gabriel Knight and hooo boy +_+