The VG Resource

Full Version: Good 360/PS3 RPGs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My friend recently came to me asking what good RPGs have been coming out lately for the next gen consoles. I knew that pickings were slim, but I had a very hard time coming up with something that would be his style. In his opinion, Tales of Symphonia for the gamecube was the best RPG he ever played, so maybe something along those lines. I'd also like to know because I've been in the market for a decent console RPG if there was one around.
Your friend has very good taste. Also does he not have a PS2? I'm pretty sure Tales of Abyss, Persona 3-4 happened. As did Odin Sphere.

I dunno, I wouldn't suggest Final Fantasy 13 if he feels Symphonia was the greatest RPG he's ever played. Suggest it to him maybe?

I hear The Last Remnant was good. Tales of Vesperia is a must if he has a 360 there is no excuse. While he's on that he might want to think about getting Eternal Sonata. It's difficult but fun, the story's a little meh though. I DOUBT he''ll be able to find this now, but Valkyria Chronicles is amazing.

Disgae 3 is pretty good, Cross Edge is fun, if a little repetitive. Get 3D Dot Game Heroes. Do it. Do it right now. I'm not sure about Star Ocean: The Last Hope. White Knight Chronicles I regret with every fiber of my being.
(07-09-2010, 08:02 PM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]Cross Edge

No. Don't get this, this game was terrible.

Valkryia Chronicles is a good SRPG. Sadly a lot of action rpgs aren't too too good these days. Fate of Resonance might be good too.
Never, I repeat never ever get Infinite Undiscovery.
It sucks to say that the best RPGs these days are only on PSP and DS...There's also tales games that came out for ps3/360, but idk which considering so many came out and hardly any of them came to the US, which is why the series is dying at this point.
(07-09-2010, 08:15 PM)JarJar Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2010, 08:02 PM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]Cross Edge

No. Don't get this, this game was terrible.

Valkryia Chronicles is a good SRPG. Sadly a lot of action rpgs aren't too too good these days. Fate of Resonance might be good too.

He actually was doing random searching on GameFAQs and saw Valkryia Chronicles and thought it looked cool. I definitely recommended the Tales games to him, and he actually said he played the demo for Vesperia and loved it, so I think that's gonna be the first on his list.
Resonance of Fate is okay

and Tales of Vesperia is pretty good too.

There haven't been too many great RPGS on PS3/360. Wii has a couple of good ones, though.
do people consider blue dragon good
(07-10-2010, 06:47 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]do people consider blue dragon good

hahahaha no.
(07-10-2010, 06:47 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]do people consider blue dragon good

Some do.
I considered Blue Dragon as having some potential, but the demo when I played it had CONSIDERABLE slowdown during battle sequences that I'm assuming didn't get fixed. Seeing as I have seen it for as little as 6 dollars in bargain bins before, I'm assuming it's pretty retarded, but I might pick it up anyway just for the hell of it.
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Borderlands (sort of)

Come on guys, show some good ol' Western love.
Lost Odyssey if he's into traditional stuff. It's a lot like a 90s RPG, or like the PS1 FFs.

I wouldn't really recommend Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's battle system is kinda something like the Tales series', but the plot is absolutely awful, and the characters are even worse.
Resonance of Fate is hard as shit, or perhaps I just cranked the difficulty up to the highest or something, which was pretty much a stupid thing to do.

But yeah, Disgaea 3. You don't even need to be playing the first two, seeing as all Disgaeas are stand-alone stories.

Also, Cross Edge isn't nearly as bad as everybody makes it sound.

I also enjoyed Enchanted Arms, but that one's older than... well, it's just old, so not very common anymore, and also not that great anyway in hindsight.
(07-12-2010, 09:31 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Cross Edge isn't nearly as bad as everybody makes it sound.

No.

It's bad.
Pages: 1 2 3