The VG Resource

Full Version: DRAGON QUEST IX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
idgaf if theres already a topic or not. im not looking for it.

releases on sunday but the rom is leaked already.

necessary info: its a ds rpg. it has awesome customization and probably an awesome story and gameplay too.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT DQ9
I was really excited until I realised the multiplayer was Local only. I don't know anyone else nearby who'd play this; so it'd be a bit of a meaningless purchase for me.
i had the same problem but i still think itll be a legitimately good game, with fun customization

and arent you a game reviewer anyway?? get your ass on this thing!!
You can't honestly expect me to review this without being able to try the multiplayer, do you?

That's its main draw over the previous installments, and why the game was designed so freeform!
I've been looking for a good RPG lately, and this seems like a game I'd enjoy. I haven't played any other games from the series, so it's something completely new to me

Kind of sucks that the Multiplayer's only Local, but it's something I can live with

Also, kind of random, but this is the second time I've gotten into a Square Series at it's Ninth game
i'd buy a DS and force my friends to play with me

just for DQIX
(07-09-2010, 09:48 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for a good RPG lately, and this seems like a game I'd enjoy. I haven't played any other games from the series, so it's something completely new to me

Kind of sucks that the Multiplayer's only Local, but it's something I can live with

Also, kind of random, but this is the second time I've gotten into a Square Series at it's Ninth game

well ff9 and dq9 are the best games of their respective series!!
It looks pretty good but...

The only Dragon Quest i've really played are the Monsters games and I think I should get DQMJ2 instead of this y/n?
(07-10-2010, 10:26 AM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2010, 09:48 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for a good RPG lately, and this seems like a game I'd enjoy. I haven't played any other games from the series, so it's something completely new to me

well ff9 and dq9 are the best games of their respective series!!

nine is my new favorite number *goes back to killing metal medleys*
(07-10-2010, 11:44 AM)Sambo Wrote: [ -> ]It looks pretty good but...

The only Dragon Quest i've really played are the Monsters games and I think I should get DQMJ2 instead of this y/n?

DQMJ2 doesn't exist in English yet - this game does.

Math.
maybe he only makes 50 bucks per year

also OH MY FUCKING GOD I LOVE DQ9
ITS THE BEST
Loving this game so far...I Don't think I'm too far since I just unlocked the DQVC, and I'm trying to get a ship now (I've been Grinding different Classes for more Skill Points, and I just realised that I should've been fighting Metal Slimes instead of Random Enemies...)

I'm glad this is my first in the series, I dunno about anyone else, but I love some of the wordplay they use
when do i unlock sage and paladin and superstar help
also i know if you learn +10 agi and then go on to learn +20 agi in the same tree you only get +20 agi overall instead of +30, but if i get +10 agi in one class and then +10 agi in another class do i get +20 agi or just +10? :- (
(07-14-2010, 01:10 PM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]maybe he only makes 50 bucks per year

also OH MY FUCKING GOD I LOVE DQ9
ITS THE BEST

Around that actually, and what makes you think that I can't read japanese?
(07-14-2010, 04:42 PM)Sambo Wrote: [ -> ]what makes you think that I can't read japanese?
what makes us think you can? :I
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5