The VG Resource

Full Version: M&L Style Pikachu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My attempt at making Pikachu in the M&L style.

[Image: mlstylepikachu.png]

These are the idle, attacking (with thunderbolt), and 'hurt' sprites.

A few things about it bother me, namely the eyes and tail. I think the eyes are too big and the tail is too thick at the end. The shading is probably off too.
I'm positive that you're not supposed to use attachments anymore.
Nope. Please read stickied threads that tell you to read them.
Where as Pikachu has black eyes with white pupils, your's has white eyes with black pupils.

All I could notice
The attachment problem has been fixed!

I wanted to make the eyes look like Mario and Luigi's to fit the style more. When I use white pupils on black, it doesn't look 'cartoony' enough.
Pikachu's body looks deformed and his attack pose is just his idle pose with a different arm stance. (His "hurt" stance is the same as the attack one, except with different feet)
Regarding his eyes, I did a little edit to them to keep the white part out, I don't know if this helps you somehow.
[Image: pikaeg.png]
well m&l style does not have a second gray outline, look at some of the sprites to see what I mean.
that honestly looks like Tomato Adventure than M&L
(07-09-2010, 06:48 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]that honestly looks like Tomato Adventure than M&L

I'm gonna have to agree with this.

OP, you might want to try making it more like M&L rather then something else. Also, the sprite itself needs work.
I like the 'hurt' sprite more than the actual idle pose, to be honest.
I don't know how to improve it, though...what places do the grey pixels go?
(07-09-2010, 01:32 PM)PikaYoshiGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I like the 'hurt' sprite more than the actual idle pose, to be honest.
I don't know how to improve it, though...what places do the grey pixels go?

You should keep on mind that Pikachu's ears and tail always change to enforce whatever stance he's taking- for example, in the "hurt" stance, his ears should be down instead of standing up.
This looks nothing like M&L style at all.
Sorry this is shrunk and thinned out paper mario not ml.
(07-09-2010, 02:57 PM)2-D Wrote: [ -> ]This looks nothing like M&L style at all.

Yep, it's more Tomato Adventure, because in M&L, the grey outlines are placed diffrently at certain parts to make areas of the body look smoother.
The best example here is Bowser, being one of the largest bosses in the game, second to Cackletta's Ghost.

Here's a sprite example to help out, although this style's been done to death.
Pages: 1 2