The VG Resource

Full Version: Im back, and I still can't shade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2q9jo7c.png]
Help me. Unsure
I know all that stuff. Did I do it right?
Well, no. Look at your own hair. Because it's not made of a single lump of substance, its highlight against the sun is scattered; and doesn't show up as a single pale blob.

And before you bring up Inazuma Eleven or something; the way they do the hair in that show is fucking stupid.
I have no idea what that show is. I will fix the hair.
I think you know, but don't know how to apply them.

first of all, never use pure white as BG. Use a neutral color (like gray, for example) so you can notice color problems easily.

you have too much colors for a sprite that small, it won't hurt if you cut out some of them. Use a darker outline for the nose and mouth because they're almost invisible.

I did an edit (I cut all the unnecessary colors, fixed some of the jagged lines) because an image tells more than a thousand words.

[Image: dffgz.png]
How's this? [Image: w6wadk.png]
better than the original, id move the jaw a few pixels back just to give the head more mass, and work on the rest of the sprite.
[Image: 2vi1cac.png] Moved jaw.
the hair is a mess right now. Try smoothening the lines.
Whats up with it's ear?
[Image: 5z2lpe.png] Fix'd.
Looking much better now.
a tip when making hair is to think on them like being chunks of hair, not a rigid helmet. They're hella easier when grouped in small pieces instead of grouping all the hair in one shape.
(07-09-2010, 08:50 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]a tip when making hair is to think on them like being chunks of hair, not a rigid helmet. They're hella easier when grouped in small pieces instead of grouping all the hair in one shape.

Thanks. But was that a general tip, or does my sprites hair still need to be fixed?
Pages: 1 2