The VG Resource

Full Version: Pirates + Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tempuu.png]
Top line are official sprites, bottom line are mine.

I was bored, so I decided to sprite some stuff in good ol' GBA Fire Emblem style.

Animations:

Female Pirate class:
[Image: fempiratemapidle.gif]
[Image: fempirateaxe.gif]
[Image: fempiratehandaxe.gif]
[Image: fempirateaxedodge.gif]

EDIT: I can't come up with good topic names...
Pretty rad stuff I have no complaints. Any plans to animate/do more? I rather like these.
[Image: fempirateaxe.gif]

Yes.

And thanks, btw.
that looks pretty awesome
isn't fe animation a bit smoother than that? otherwise looks great
Well, the reference animation for the Pirate class I used had very few frames.

I might make some more frames later, after I've finished the other animations.
nice stuff here, not much to fixe...I actually don't see anything to fix.
[Image: fempiratehandaxe.gif]
Handaxe animation. I already added a few additional frames, but I might need more.
Also, you'll have to imagine the handaxe flying around like a boomerang in there; I don't feel like making a ton of frames just for the handaxe to move around.

Maybe.
*sniff*
Maybe...
just make the flying axe. the engine should do the rest.
Hey look, I actually continued something!

[Image: fempirateaxedodge.gif]
[Image: fempiratemapidle.gif]
... but I was a bit lazy.
I like your pirate. She looks fire emblem and you're making full animations to boot.

As for critique, there isn't much more nitt-picking issues.
> [fish in space]'s note on the attack animation not being very smooth.
> On the last Dodge frame the right-arm axe looks like it ends up behind her head. I don't have a problem with the axe its self, but the looks a bit stretched. You could place the right arm in a pose more like the second or third frame of the attack animation
> Don't know if this is bad or good, but it looks like almost every frame has the same head. Good technique for time saving, but that may be an item to touch up once you finish everything.
[Image: fempirate.png]

If I were to keep to the same number of frames as the original Pirate sprite, I could probably be done now.

Really, I do want to smooth it out a bit, but I'm not quite sure how to spread out the frames. Nor do I think I can do the subtle motions I think might be involved. But I'll take a "stab" at it.

@MagikSage, I fixed the stretched hand a bit, but it probably needs a bit more work. Also, I did start a bit with the hair animating, but it's not going all too well.
Then I remembered I still had critical animations...

[Image: fempirateaxecritical.gif]

I also decided to change the color of her pants a bit, so she doesn't stand out so much. After all, she's not really supposed to be a Lord...
I think the red pants look a lot better tbh.

Otherwise these are nice : D
Smoothed a bit:
[Image: fempirateaxeattack.gif]
BTW, that dust cloud isn't mine. It's from the original Pirate sprite...

@Gabe, is there a color I can use that won't make her stand out so much? I'm not too good with color-picking when designing things, and I figured that the red stood out too much, which usually doesn't happen with the "less important" characters in the series.

I was thinking I could try a green or a purple of some sort, but I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: Handaxe critical
[Image: fempiratehandaxecritica.gif]
Lazy reuse of existing axe-spinning effects