The VG Resource

Full Version: Link Stage Help... Again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't worries this one is different from the area but again I do need help.
This is for any smash-based game.

Shading is crap... I know.
[Image: kokiriforest.png]
[If you do help please put your name on the sheet.]

I need help with
The rock area.
The water area.
a bit of shading.
The Deku guys(Not really need this done but I will appreciate if done)
If you don't my style please be kind.
Please feedback will be good.

perspective it wrong. Hexagon are are hard.
[Image: sprite0n.png] [Without design]
[Image: recolorsr.png] [with design]
Y'know, you could just post this in Sprite Discussion and get more help. I'll move it there for you.
Oh, ok. Thank you.

Oh and i'll be gone for a couple of days like 2 to 3.
you could make the rock it self seem more like, well a rock. My suggestion for that it a bit of texture.
The light source on the whole background does not seem to fit with the light source on the stage.
and the water could have a bit more texture as well.

also using the line tool isn't the best idea, it kind of makes the piece seem awkward.
you know
even with the currently terrible shading and lineart, i really like how you did the background there where you can see all the houses and stuff
if this was cleaned up, i think it could turn out to look really good.
I second Vipershark, you've really captured the atmosphere. You just need to refine it, and cut down the colour count. Oh, and get rid of that rock underneath, the attention is on the surface remember!
Some plataforms dont fit the background, and there is too much color in it, reduce that.
please tell me the "houses" are on a different image and you saved that image.

if it isn't, it should be.

on the shading.. do you want us to criticize, or do you want us to "help" you shade? it seems to me you're asking for the second. :o
OK i'm sorry my other acc just was completely locked out i have done nothing wrong its just its "Did you forget password" and then i type that code in and when i press enter it does a page refresh so yeah i'm wiggy...But yes I would love if someone would correct my shading.
You shouldn't have to make a new account there are other things you could do. As for someone correcting your shading you'll never learn if someone does the work for you. However I believe if someone fixes a small sample of your work you should be able to get the right idea and work off of that.
(07-17-2010, 08:01 PM)Hi Super Duper Wrote: [ -> ]OK i'm sorry my other acc just was completely locked out i have done nothing wrong its just its "Did you forget password" and then i type that code in and when i press enter it does a page refresh so yeah i'm wiggy...But yes I would love if someone would correct my shading.
"my other acc just was completely locked out"
"Did you forget your password"

look at that
you solved your own problem
you forgot your password, click the "did you forget your password" button
(07-19-2010, 08:11 AM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2010, 08:01 PM)Hi Super Duper Wrote: [ -> ]OK i'm sorry my other acc just was completely locked out i have done nothing wrong its just its "Did you forget password" and then i type that code in and when i press enter it does a page refresh so yeah i'm wiggy...But yes I would love if someone would correct my shading.
"my other acc just was completely locked out"
"Did you forget your password"

look at that
you solved your own problem
you forgot your password, click the "did you forget your password" button
yeah I tried to use that button twice and still nothing.
(07-19-2010, 12:06 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to make a new account there are other things you could do. As for someone correcting your shading you'll never learn if someone does the work for you. However I believe if someone fixes a small sample of your work you should be able to get the right idea and work off of that.

Yeah I guess a few corrections I will be able to do the rest.
(07-19-2010, 09:28 AM)Hi Super Duper Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I tried to use that button twice and still nothing.
You're obviously not clicking the right one because the "did you forget your password" button should send you to a page where you enter your email

so you get a new password sent to your email
it's really not that hard