The VG Resource

Full Version: Light_Knight's Photoshop Projects[Art]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to here and I love to work with Photoshop. Here is some of my Old(style) work:
Beware: Some of these are not custom poses. I am aware of this and am trying to get better.

Sonic
[Image: soniccoloring.png]

Espio
[Image: espiob.png]

Cyndaquil
[Image: cyndaquilk.png]

Werehog
[Image: werehog.png]

My Sonic fan Char
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5488/phrost.png

Random Fakemon
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4968/quaij.png
(07-05-2010, 02:16 PM)Light_Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Beware: Some of these are not custom poses. I am aware of this and am trying to get better.

I'm very glad you admitted this before someone like myself came along and busted you for it.

Since for the most part these are more or so heavily referenced, I can't say too much on them, but something I am noticing is a problem with shading.

You're shading around the lines instead of shading around the shapes the lines make, like on cyndaquil. It looks like it caves in on the face where the blue turns into yellow, same with its back. This problem is consistent with all your drawings here.
Thats my style, but now that you mention it does look a bit weird. I'll change it from now on.
(07-05-2010, 02:57 PM)Light_Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Thats my style
bad excuse
bad style
I dont mean to be rude, but you obviously didn't read the rest of the post.
No he's exactly right. you wanna get better but writing things off as style is total garbage, and know your gonna change, but still don't even attempt to ever blame it on "style". Technically you're not allowed to have "style" until you learned the basics.
Moving along, do you have anything that isn't referenced? Made with your skill and yours alone?
Well I'm a beginner so no full Chars, but I do make some abstract wallpapers. Would you guys be interested in those?

EDIT: I just realized I have some drawings scanned into my computer. After I finish some some requests from another forum, I'll photoshop those.
Being a beginner does not mean you should only trace. That's retarded. How will you ever learn to draw your own stuff if you 100% copy everything?

Copying is totally fine as an exercise, but unless you actually learn to draw on your own it's pretty useless.
Also "that's my style" is not a defence. You could call any error a "style", it doesn't make it right. It's not a style to shade with no thought to shape, that's just being ignorant. If you're choosing not to learn, do us all a favour and leave.
(07-05-2010, 04:13 PM)Light_Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm a beginner so no full Chars, but I do make some abstract wallpapers. Would you guys be interested in those?

EDIT: I just realized I have some drawings scanned into my computer. After I finish some some requests from another forum, I'll photoshop those.
I'd like to see the unedited drawings if you could, see what you can do without all the glints and tinsel, or both, like a before and after.
When you say unedited, do you mean the sketch or the line art?
Not photoshopped
Heres a link to a small gallery of my work. One of them has hard-to-see lines. Blame my scanner.
http://img340.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gontree.jpg
That's better, the shading could still use work, but it's a lot better
I dont tend to shade on my sketches and drawings. I'll make these after I finish my requests.
Pages: 1 2